Epilogue

Six years later...

Christina's POV

Where do I even start?

There's no easy way to say this. I mean it's really unreasonable and stupid to be honest.

Let me explain. When we got back from the States, Lord Santiago and his wife were very exited to have us back and were praising us. It was when they noticed their daughter wasn't getting off the car, or anywhere in sight for that matter, that things got ugly.

At first they thought Liam and I had kidnapped her. After swearing and swearing that we didn't had her hidden they wanted a good explanation.

And we gave them the best one.

*Flashback*

"You're daughter scared the shit out of us." I was shocked and impressed that Liam even uttered those words.

"What?" Lord Santiago seemed to be a bit shocked too but the anger was taking over quickly.

"Like she told us, we were sent to fail. They had a bunch of skilled Cursed men who were ready to die for her. And if I do say so myself she's a skilled fighter too. Then there's the fact that they all went easy on us for a few minutes. Once we took down the guardian..." Liam trailed off, wincing at the memory.

Can't say it was something to be proud of.

"Continue!" the Lord ordered.

Liam sighed and looked at him in the eye.

"She got rid of your guard and Henry's men in a blink of an eye. She attacked us and nearly killed us if it wasn't for one of her companions."

Both the king and queen looked at us with an angry, impressed and even sad expression. It was just a box of changing emotions.

"Is there anything more you stupid fools are retracting yourselves from telling us?" the Lord said through gritted teeth.

It took me all my courage to speak up, but I had to do this.

"Blair- I mean Princess Erza, said that Lord Henry was using dark magic against her."

Their eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"That can't be." the Lady placed a hand to her heart looking somewhat pained. Then her face hardened. "I'll take that matters into my own hands."

Then she left us with the beast of her husband.

*End of Flashback*

The rest is history.

Liam and I were locked up for three months for our ineptitude. After that we were kicked out of the castle.

I don't know what happened to Liam after all this time, we each went our separate ways. I went back to my family and got a decent job on the city.

It was until a few weeks ago that someone gave me a way out, another way of life.

Leo called me. The Lords decided to let him go four years earlier than planned. It was probably to make some merits with their daughter but I highly doubt that that'll work.

Leo asked if I wanted to go back to the States with him. He had enough money to get us a house and the rest we could figure it out. And I'm sure he's dying to see his friends again.

So I accepted. I just wanted to leave this place. Everyone looked down at me, they saw me as a traitor or something. I was just tired of it.

The honk of a car brought me back from my own thoughts and I grabbed my bags.