13

Blair's POV

"Thanks for helping, both of you." I smiled at Kenneth and his friend Meredith.

"Be careful." I whispered to Kenneth as I hugged him.

"Will do." he smiled a little. I could see the uneasiness in his eyes, he's going to get some grief from his friends but mostly from his new sister.

"Pierce."

He grinned and spin me in a circle as he tightened his arms around me.

"I missed you Princess." he said it on purpose and I smacked him on the side of the head once he put me down.

"I'll let it go just this once." I winked and then gave Mel a quick hug. "Well we'll leave now. Thanks for everything, all of you. I only use my phone to call Sawyer and vise versa, so we'll communicate through Pierce since we're probably stay near to where he is staying. It's safer that way. I don't want them tracking my line and getting to you."

"So now I'm the messenger."

I winked and then went to Sawyer's side. "Come on big boy, time to get some rest."

Pierce handed me a napkin with the address to where he and Mel were staying.

Thank god I have a lot of patience because it took Sawyer forever to get to the car and then get in the passenger seat.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I turned on the engine.

"Yeah. Fine." he groaned.

"That doesn't sound fine. We'll go the hotel and then I'll go to the pharmacy and get you something to numb the pain. Plus I'm hungry so I can grab something to eat." I said as I drove away from Kenneth's house and onto the directions Pierce had given me.

"We don't have that much money left. No need to waste it on pain killers." Sawyer said, I could tell that he was trying his best to hide the hurt from his voice. To stop himself from groaning or hissing.

"It's no waste. You need them. I don't want you in more pain than you already are."

Its true, we're running out of money.

We had done a small job for a very important person before we decided to stay in one place. That earned us enough money to live decently up until now.

"Blair."

"I don't want you arguing about this. I'll leave you at the hotel and then I'll go buy you all the medicine needed and then get us some food." I sighed. "You got hurt because of me. Let me pamper you."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand, kissing my palm.

"Just this once."

I grinned in victory. Sawyer fell asleep on the way to the hotel, so when we got there I left him in the car and went to make a registration. Luckily there wasn't much paperwork to do, so the our stay wouldn't be compromised.

"Sawyer." I moved him a little and his eyes snapped open. He frowned, looking a bit disoriented. "We're here."

He nodded and got out of the car carefully. I went to grab a suitcase and the backpack, leaving the rest of the luggage in the trunk.

"I'll help you with that." Sawyer tried to grab the suitcase but I moved it out of his reach.

"No need. I can handle it. You just have to try and walk normally so the woman or security doesn't start asking questions."

He gave me a brisk nod and gritted his teeth.

We managed to get past the people, inside the elevator and into our room without a single person stopping us.

"Take off your shirt and lay down."

"Honey, as much as I'll love to make love to you right now, I am in no condition to do so." he smirked and did as told.

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. "I didn't mean that. Now you stay there, don't move I don't want you to loose anymore blood. I'll be back in half an hour, an hour tops."

"Don't turn off your phone. I'll call you in twenty minutes, if you don't pick up, I'm coming after you."

"Stop worrying about me, its time for me to take care of you."

He didn't say anything. Part of me knew he wasn't all too happy about me going on my own. But I could see he was in pain, even though he didn't admit to need the pain killers I knew he wouldn't think twice and take them.

"I wont be long. Don't leave." I kissed his forehead and when I turned away he grabbed my wrist.

"I'll be waiting."

Something inside me swelled and I nodded.

God I love this man.

I walked out of the room and hurried to the car. Even though I know Sawyer can take care of himself, part of me didn't want him to be alone. He's hurt and anyone can take advantage out of that.

I drove to the nearest pharmacy and made my way to the aisle where the antibiotics and pain killers I needed where placed. On the way I grabbed some more gauzes and alcohol. After I paid the amount due I headed to the grocery store.

Since we didn't have that much money left I only grabbed what was really needed. Even though I was dying for some junk food. My stomach growled at the thought.

I'm sure if I took some of that to the hotel, Sawyer will hang me for not thinking about how tight the money was. He can get very bossy. It's like he's the master and I'm the obedient guardian and not the whole way around. Even though I don't like to force him to do my will, I do persuade him into most of the crazy things we do. It's not the same thing, even though he says otherwise.

I smiled at all the silly fights and my methods to persuade him to do something that I want.

Why couldn't we just be a normal couple, living a normal life together. Not waiting for someone to attack us. Not knowing if we were going to be safe tomorrow or fighting to keep living.

A sigh escaped my lips and I felt my phone ring.

"Hey, I'm safe. I'm just grabbing some food, I'll be back in a few. Don't worry." I said with a smile.

"Okay. Don't take too long...I'm hungry."

I chuckled. I bet he's blushing right now.

"I'll be back in twenty. Don't worry, plenty of food is coming your way." I chuckled and hanged up.

That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Expecting it to be a normal person asking for directions or something I turned around with a smile.

Little did I know that the person behind me was the very one that tried to kill me and my guardian.