9

Kenneth's POV

"Are you sure it's okay if we come?" Carson asked nervously as Steph drove us to our house.

This is the third time they come to my house. We usually hang out at Carson's or Randy's but Mary insisted it was only fair for them to come this time.

"It was Mary who insisted. Stop making a big deal out of it." I rolled my eyes.

"It is sort of a big deal." Randy murmured.

"Mom's not going to whip you or anything." Steph said a bit annoyed.

Both of my friends stayed quiet all the way to the house. When we arrived and walked inside Mary was already placing our plates on the table.

It smelled so good.

"Hello boys, have a seat." she smiled warmly at us. That made my friends relax.

"Why are there only four plates?" Steph looked at her mother, waiting for an answer.

Mary flinched. "There's a lot of work. I'm afraid your father and I wont be able to join you."

"Where's Cindy?" I asked.

"She's with her grandma. Well, got to run. See you tonight, bye!" and she was out the door.

Both Carson and Ryan let out a breath. I rolled my eyes at them and we started eating.

"So has your friend called you?" Ryan asked.

I frowned and once I finished chewing my food I answered him. "No, but I'm pretty sure he's still in town. Probably coming up with something to do."

"I don't trust him." Carson frowned.

That made me scowl. "Why not?"

Pierce is one of my best friends and I trust him completely.

"He looks too carefree, too lazy...too irresponsible. It's like he doesn't care." he explained.

Well Pierce may come across like all of those things he mentioned but when it's the right time he acts like he should.

"Well he's a reliable person. I trust him completely. You have nothing to worry about."

He still didn't seem satisfied with my answer but I guess he'll just have to live with that.

I'm not putting Pierce in the spot just because my friends get an itch when they are around him.

"Who are you talking about?" Steph asked curiously.

"Pierce. He's an old friend of my, you met him at the cafeteria."

"Oh. What did he want with you."

I gave her a 'are-you-serious' look and she blushed. "He just came to visit to see how things were going."

"Hmm."

There was an awkward silence and then a frantic knocking at the door.

I looked at Steph. "Are you expecting someone?"

"No." she frowned and followed me to the door.

When I opened the door I was socked to see Blair standing there.

She looked pale, her clothes where nearly sliding off.

Her eyes widened. "Kenneth! Thank god it worked."

"Blair what-"

"No time for talking. It's Sawyer. He's hurt. You've got to help him. Please." she looked at me pleadingly.