14

Christina's POV

"I don't trust that Henry guy." I told Liam as we settled in the hotel.

We've been on the move for two days. Henry kept sending us to the wrong place and when he finally said this was the right point I was about to kiss his feet.

Not literally.

Gross.

"Why not? He's helping us find the princess, it's easier for us." Liam replied and started getting out a change of clothes, to shower I assume.

"But don't you think there's something wrong here? If he knew how to find her why not tell us since the beginning, it would've saved us a lot of time. Or he could've come for her himself."

Liam took his shirt off and then looked at me with a frown on his face. I could see the gears working on his head, his eyes reflected concern.

"You always find something wrong with things, stop being a pessimist."

I scowled. "Come on. Think about it. You know there's something wrong here, you just don't want to see it."

"There's nothing to think. We're not on our own, Christina. What we do is follow orders, no questions asked. You know this. Stop complaining about everything."

"I'm not! And you know it. Liam, stop being so stubborn and look at the big picture. You know-"

"All I know is that once we capture the princess, kill the guardian and take her back to her parents, we are free to do as we please. I want to go home as much as you do." he was closer to me and I could feel the heat radiating off of him.

I shut my eyes tightly to forget the fact that he was really sexy right now. Topless and slightly pissed.

"Free? Free?! We are not free. We'll never be free. For gods sake we'll serve the crown until the day we die, that's if they let our families bury us where they please and not inside the castle. You know very well that we are nothing to the crown but puppets. They want the princess, but at what cost? Henry had a way to find her right away, why didn't he let the Lords know about it? Don't you think he's up to something?"

He didn't say anything, just looked at me in the eyes. Waiting for answers to land in my mouth?

"Don't you ever wonder why the princess went away in the first place?"

Liam looked away from me, finding the floor very interesting.

"Think about it." I moved away from him and headed to the door.

"Where're you going?"

"I'm hungry. I'll go to the groceries store to cook something. This town gives me the chills."

He gave me a stiff nod.

I sighed and headed to the groceries store.

If Liam decided there was something wrong going on, then helping the princess will be really easy. That way I wont have to stab him on his back.

Believe it or not I felt guilty.

I'm betraying the crown and most importantly Liam. I know that deep down he trusts me and maybe cares a little bit about me.

God! I feel like ripping my hair out.

I went inside the groceries store and started roaming the aisles, searching for something that was easy to make. I wasn't lying to Liam when I told him this town gave me the chills. It's as if there was a force that didn't want me here. That scared me even more.

Maybe I should go get ourselves some hamburgers.

I turned around and ready to leave the store when I saw someone that made me freeze.