16

Kenneth's POV

After Blair's visit and Sawyer's threats, Carson, Randy, Meredith and even Steph wont let me go anywhere alone. It reminded me a lot about the time when we used to guard Blair, how she was in the middle and all of us surrounded her.

Well in my case, Carson and Randy where on my left and Steph on my right, leaving Meredith guarding my back.

But unlike Blair, I had three humans guarding me and a witch.

"Would you guys stop it already?" I whined.

"That friend of yours told us to take care of you." Carson said as I stopped by my locker to place my books inside.

"Yeah, I don't want to die. He doesn't seem like the type to make idle threats. I'm going to be a father soon you know?" Randy mumbled.

Speaking of that, his girlfriend doesn't come to school anymore. Her pregnancy turned a bit delicate and she cant move around too much.

"Randy, if you want just go to her. Nothing is going to happen to me." I smiled at him.

"Thanks, man. I'm worried about her." he had this sad look on his face.

Then Meredith did something that shocked us. She grabbed Randy's face with both hands and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Meg is going to be fine and so is your little girl. Be there for them." she said and then smiled warmly at him.

"How...how do you know it's going to be a girl? The doctor hasn't-"

"I'm a witch boy, I have my ways. Now go to your girl, don't tell her yet. I'm sure she'll want it to find out by herself." she paused, sighing. Then took out a small bottle not bigger than her thumb. "Here, give her this. Just three droplets on a cup of tea, for a week. She's going to get better and so will the baby. But don't let her do heavy work."

Randy took the bottle and beamed at Meredith, then hugged her. She looked really surprised but hugged him back.

"Thank you so much." he was close to tears. "I'll see you guys around!"

And he left.

"That was very nice of you, thanks." I smiled and she blushed a little.

"You should be thanking me, I didn't take anything in return. Boys this century are really stupid." she rolled her eyes.

"This century? How old are you?" Carson narrowed his eyes at her as we now headed outside to leave campus. The school was empty by now.

"Four centuries old." Meredith grinned at Steph's and Carson's surprised faces.

It didn't take me much by surprise, witches lived a very long time. So if she was that old, that means she's a very powerful one. What surprised me is how she still bowed to the crown.

"Four hundred?!" Carson exclaimed. Then grinned. "That is so cool!"

She chuckled and that's when it happened.

The shadows came.

"Watch out!" I pushed both Carson and Steph behind me as one man swung his sword at us.

"Old fashioned much?" Meredith growled as she fought the man.

"She's one to talk." Carson rolled his eyes.

Sure enough she still dressed like the old ways, only a little sophisticated.

But there was no time in checking other peoples attire. I grabbed my daggers and swung one to the next guy coming at us.