The Notebook (Lay)

Lay's P.O.V. . .

"Yah Yixing, how was your break?" Jongdae, or by his nickname Chen, wrapped an arm over me as both walked along the hallway filled with other students telling about how they either spent their break doing something productive, or staying at home browsing the internet getting fat.

Notice I am the latter choice.

"Uh, I didn't do anything really. . ." I scratched the back of my head "I practiced dancing a bit, but that's all."

He removed his arm from me and patted my shoulder "Same. I'm so tired from school I forgot have to have fun! All I could the entire break was sleep! You know I. . ."

The new start of another school year. I have more reasons on why to not be excited than I actually ever said. We both continued walking while Chen was talking non-stop about his how his break went which I chose to space out from. From from a distance I saw you staring at an open note you were grasping, wearing a one size too big hoodie that covered almost all your upper body.

My first impression: Cute.

"Oi, Lay!" Chen snapped me back to life, snapping his fingers in front of my face "You always do that to me, you just like to not pay attention to me at all, don't you?"

I chuckled "Sorry, you were boring."

"Yah, what could be more interesting than me that caught your eye?" As he stared at your direction, a sinister smirk crept up his face "Among all the people I didn't think you'd be interested in girls."

"Ha-ha-ha, it's not that I'm interested in her! I just that. . . I've never seen her before."

Chen shrugged "Neither have I but that's the point of a new school year. You see new people."

Before I could say another word, the bell rang. You closed up your notebook, hid it in your bag, and tucked your hands into your hoodie's front pocket walking to what I presume is your next class.

"Looks like I have to go." Chen slapped my back and waved "My first two classes aren't with you sadly, but I'll see you around after, alright?"

"Alright, see ya." Once I said this, I headed off to my first ever class of the first day of school

. . .

"Good morning class, my name is Mr. Nam." Mr. Nam wrote his name swiftly on the blackboard with a piece of blunt chalk and turned back to us "I would introduce the new students today, but so much came this year that half of the class now consists of them."

It was true. I could barely recognize most of the people in the room. I caught a couple of new girls staring and pointing in my direction and squealing to each other.

I rolled my eyes. Typical.

Just as Mr. Nam was about to say another word, you entered the classroom, all eyes being on you. You. . . The girl from awhile ago. The teacher looked at you dead in the eye "Name please?"

"______." You responded with almost no emotion

"Well Ms. ______," He took a quick glance on his clip board before looking back at you "I will excuse your tardiness today because you are a new student and you have gotten lost. Please take a seat."

You nodded, taking the only empty seat in the room which was right next to mine. As Mr. Nam continued talking, you brought out the same notebook from earlier and starting writing on it.

"Hi." I awkwardly said "I'm Yixing, but you can call me Lay since everyone calls me that."

You stared at me for a couple of seconds and simply nodded before focusing back to your notebook "Hi."