51

EIGHT YEARS LATER』༺═──────────────═༻

"HEY RIC," JAXON SMILED AT his father figure as he walked in the Salvatore school again with Hope beside him. They went straight to Alaric's office, ignoring the awed looks they were receiving from the other students and teachers— after all, they were practically legends.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Alaric's tone was dripping with sarcasm as his eyes fell on the boy standing in between Hope and Jaxon, each of his hand being held by one of theirs. "Hey, Rhys." They named him Rhys because it is said to be meant Ardent; Fire and it fitted him perfectly.

"Hello," their son replied, offering Alaric a small smile. He was an exact mixture of Jaxon and Hope. His hair was a dark brown, his eyes, however were grey, like his dad. He was the most powerful being alive and he had absolutely no idea.

Jaxon and Hope got married exactly five years ago. Their wedding was nothing grand but it was the biggest day of their lives. All their friends and family were invited to witness the event.

"You're here to enroll him," it was supposed to be a question but it came out more like a statement.

Jaxon shot Alaric a blank look, "yeah, no shit." He took a seat on one of the chairs in the office while Hope sat on the one beside him, picking her son up and placed him in her lap.

"No shit," Rhys repeated, leaning against Hope who was running her fingers through his soft hair. Hope looked at Jaxon, "see what you did?"

"It doesn't matter," Jaxon shrugged, "so I've already spoken to Caroline and yeah, he's getting my room."

"Of course he is," Alaric said under his breath. He handed the two some papers which they signed, "he starts Monday. You can show him around the school now— he'll be more comfortable with you guys. Let him adapt."

"Yeah, okay." Jaxon reached out and grabbed Rhys's small right wrist before showing it to Alaric, "see this?" He pointed to the small bracelet around his wrist, "it should not come off."

"Why not?"

"It's restraining his powers," Hope explained, "you know how powerful he is. He's too young. He can lose control."

"I understand," Alaric nodded, "I have other students to enroll so I'll see you around, okay?"

Giving him a nod, Hope, Jaxon and Rhys walked out of his office. As soon as they were out, Rhys squeezed Jaxon's hand, "dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Do I have to stay here?" He asked, frowning slightly as Jaxon nodded which only made his frown deepen, "but I don't want to stay here. I want to be with you and mom—"

"— We'll come and see you everyday." Hope smiled at him while Jaxon scoff, "yeah, she will come and see you everyday." Hope rolled her eyes at his words but smiled as she knew that Jaxon would be the one who'd come to see him everyday despite his words. He was extremely overprotective of Rhys and loved him more than anything.

"We," the tribrid emphasized, "we'll come whenever you want us to. And besides you're going to make a lot of friends that you won't even get the time to miss us."

"How do you know that?" Rhys asked, lowering his voice, "I don't think I'll make friends. Everybody look at me like I'm a freak."

"Fuck the—" Jaxon cut himself off, kneeling down to be of the same level as his son, "look, they're just jealous because you're special. You can do more than they'll ever be able to. So they are going to try to make you feel like sh— bad but you should not let them get to you. Remember who you are, okay?" Rhys nodded, his lips twitching up.

"And you're going to make friends," Jaxon reassured, "with the right ones. You'll see," he ran his hand through Rhys's hair, "wait for it."

"Okay," he muttered, tugging his hands inside the pocket of his jacket.

"God," Jaxon stared at him with nothing but adoration in his eyes, "we love you more than anything, you know that, right?"

"I know," Rhys chuckled, wrapping his small arms around him, "I love you guys too. More than anything."

"Now go give mommy a hug or she'll get jealous." Jaxon whispered to Rhys who nodded before raising his hands to Hope, asking to be picked up and as soon as she did, he hugged her as well making her smile as Jaxon stood back up, staring at the two.

I miss him,’ Hades said, ‘I want to hold him. Bring him to me.

You literally just saw him yesterday!’ Jaxon exclaimed earning a sigh from Hades, ‘so? He's my grandson. I can see him whenever I want and I demand to see him now.

He is my son, I make decisions for him and I refuse your demand.’ Jaxon retorted and saw Rhys's look at him with raised brows. The demigod let out an annoyed sigh as Rhys spoke, "I want to see Grandpa now."

I told you to stay away from his mind,’ Jaxon said to Hades who only laughed in response, ‘as if I'd listen to you.

"Later, I promise." Jaxon took him from Hope who shook her head at Hades's actions. Rhys had told her how much he loved his grandfather because he makes him play with fire— literally. "Now let me show you around your new home for the next few years of your life."

"Can we get ice cream after?" Rhys asked to which they both nodded as they walked in the hallways of the school, memories rushing through their minds.

The students who were walking around looked at them, some were giving them waves and so on. Hope smiled at them while Jaxon and Rhys blatantly ignored them.

They entered their previous room— it hasn't changed much. The decorations, everything were still there. Jaxon placed Rhys on the ground and looked at Hope, pointing to the bed, "they haven't changed it."

She laughed, "this is the unholiest thing in the whole room."

"Right?" He stared at it, "the number of times we fuc—"

"— Shut up," Hope cut him off, nodding towards Rhys who was looking around the room with his brows furrowed as he took in the area. "I like it," he finally said with a nod towards his parents, "can we get ice cream now? We can go eat it on the roof." He pointed to the window which was wide opened.

"Of course," Jaxon nodded, remembering all the time when he'd go on the roof with either Hope, Lizzie or Josie. A smile reached his face at the thought.

༺═──────────────═༻
LEGACIES

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*
THE END
*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

COMPLETED

༺═──────────────═༻