33

"ALYSSA AND JED WERE making out on my bed." Hope huffed, sitting down next to Jaxon on the kitchen counter, "can you believe the audacity?"

"I can," he took a bite of the waffles Hope made for them, "told you to stay with me."

"I'll come today," she nodded, eating her breakfast as well, "but first we are making out on her bed later."

He stopped eating, looking at her in amusement before nodding, "yeah, definitely. Ric told me to come to his office when I'm done with breakfast so I'll see you later, yeah? Get to class." After receiving a nod from Hope, he went straight to Alaric's office.

Not bothering to knock, he got inside, raising his brows at the sight of both Lizzie and Josie along with Alaric. "Is this some sort of family reunion—" he cut himself off once his eyes fell on the hourglass standing tall on the headmaster's office table.

"There's an insane amount of dark magic inside this thing," Jaxon muttered, getting closer to them yet keeping a safe distance between him and the hourglass. He knew what happened the last time he got hit by dark magic— he went all evil. He remembered everything. He could see what was happening but it was like he was not in control of his body. In the end, he managed to regain control thanks to Hope. He didn't want such a thing to happen again.

"It's a mora miserium," Alaric informed the demigod, "if it shatters, all the black magic goes into Josie."

"Then don't let it break," Jaxon stated in a 'duh' tone making the older man roll his eyes, "that's what we're trying to do. We have tried 12 different spells. This is not a problem that magic can fix."

"Well, it's better than your solution of covering it in concrete and dropping it in the ocean," Lizzie shot back earning a sigh from Josie, "Maybe I deserve the black magic to just boomerang back to me."

"Just cut yourself some slack, okay?" Alaric looked at her, "you made a mistake."

"Wait," Lizzie spoke up, "what if we try Dad's idea, but better? Instead of dropping the discount lava lamp in the ocean, we drop it in a place where magic can't escape. The prison world."

"Absolutely not." Alaric was quick to deny as he shook his head.

"No, this is perfect," Lizzie said, "There's a celestial event tonight. A meteor shower and that is what we need to make the ascendant work, right?"

Josie stood up, seeming to agree with that idea, "yeah, that and Bennett blood."

"No, I said no!" Alaric shouted, "I will figure this out. Okay? Don't do anything while I'm gone." He looked at Jaxon, a pleading look in his eyes, "don't let them do anything. Or worse, help them. I'm trusting you."

"Of course," he muttered with a nod as Alaric walked out. Lizzie sighed, "it's bad enough that Sebastian ghosted me, but now Dad's acting like an annoying control freak. He's not gonna let us anywhere near that prison world with our psychotic Uncle Kai."

"Neither am I," Jaxon said, "you heard the man. He said no and no means no."

"This is maybe our only way!" Lizzie exclaimed, "unless you want Josie to be hit by this dark magic—"

"Ric said it's dangerous," Jaxon sighed, "he's trusting me not to let you two idiots fuck things up and I won't. Anyway, don't do anything stupid. I'm gonna go see what Hope's up to."

**

Jaxon went near the lake where they'd usually train and found Hope there training with Landon. After around three minutes of Hope beating Landon, the phoenix decided to call it a day and walked away while Hope looked at Jaxon, motioning for him to come near her.

As soon as he did, she threw a stick at him which he caught effortlessly, giving her a small smirk, "you sure you're up for it?"

"Come on," she rolled her eyes, getting in a fighting position, holding her stick tightly, "give me your worse."

Jaxon nodded before taking off his shirt, tossing it on the wooden surface. Hope cleared her throat at his appearance, something he noticed and chose to smirk at her. "Let's go."

And then they charged at each other, their sticks clashing. Jaxon made it look like he was about to hit her in the stomach but of course he wouldn't hit her hard and was expecting for her to block his attack which she did with her own stick and took several steps backwards. Then she tried to hit him and he blocked much like she did. This went on for minutes, neither of them managing to hit each other.

"I'm tired," Hope breathed out, dropping her hands to the side as Jaxon also paused his actions. He said nothing as she took a few steps closer to him, her eyes zeroing on the necklace around his neck, "Where'd you get that?"

"Birthday gift from Josie." He replied without taking his eyes off her face. She hummed, bringing her hand up to  his neck before tracing the alphabet on the necklace, "it's pretty."

"It is," he muttered, his eyes fixed on her while she kept looking at her necklace. Jaxon furrowed his brows when she began tracing his collarbone with her fingers then went lower.

"What do you think you're doing?" His voice was barely audible as she continued to trail her hand lower until she reached the band of his pants. Then she looked up at him, a small smile playing at her lips, "what does it look like I'm—" she was cut off when he grabbed her by the shoulders before switching their positions then he quickly but carefully swipe his feet under hers so as to make her lose her balance and fall.

"Fuck you—" Hope grunted once she felt her back hit the hard surface. Giving her his usual smirk, he caged her on the ground, his hand holding both of hers above her head while one of his knees was in between her legs. He then lowered his head to her ears making her breathing pick up as he whispered, allowing his lips to touch her ear, "oh I'll fuck you all right."

༺═──────────────═༻

So for those who do not know, This is actually the 9th episode of Legacies Season 2 and there's only 7 more episodes to go. I might change the last episodes and make the characters get rid of Malivore for good in the end because I will not be writing for season 3 and so on. Thus I want this book to have a good, happy ending. Especially for Hope and Jaxon like Idw them to fight evil their whole lives. I've got a lot of ideas and I cannot wait to share them with you guys. Be ready for spam updates because I'm bored :)