29

“I'M GUESSING YOU'RE the Krampus," Hope's voice made the monster who was about to attack Clarke again turn to snarl at her.

"Holy shit you're ugly." Jaxon commented from beside his girlfriend. The Krampus snarled again and was about to come at them when Hope raised her hand forward, muttered a spell and sent it crashing into the wall behind.

"I'm Hope," the mikaelson began Tali sarcastically, "and I find holidays really stressful."

The Krampus stared at her and backed away. It then flickered it's eyes to Jaxon and tilted it's head to the side while the demigod furrowed his brows, "why are you staring at me like that?"

The Krampus released a weird noise before bringing it's finger up to his nose then touched it. They just stood there and watched as it turned into a smoke kind of thing and went through the chimney behind him.

"Fuck—"

"—Damn it!" Hope exclaimed, "that thing could be anywhere."

"Wait!" Clarke stopped them from leaving the room, "I thought my father was bringing the Krampus to save me. But I was wrong. He must have known I was planning to jump into a new body and screw him over again."

"How?"

"Well, I don't know," Clarke sighed, "but if you let me go, I can make it to the portal before the Krampus kill me."

Hope scoffed, "Nice try, but 'fool me once' and all..."

Clarke eyed the couple before he spoke up again, "what if there was a way that I could prove to you that I'm on your side? That I'm telling the truth."

**
Hope used the truth spell on Clarke and it turned out that he was telling the truth so the couple let him off. Then, they returned to the living room area where they saw the students surrounding the Krampus which was now apparently dead.

"Straight in the heart!" Dorian exclaimed, seeming proud of himself, "that's how you kill a Krampus. Anyone wants some cocoa?"

"Yeah, sure." Alaric took a cup from him, "why not? It's Christmas."

"Breaking news," Jaxon began dramatically, "you're both still merry and I can feel it's presence so..." He glanced at them, "Krampus? Not dead. yet. Just unconscious." His eyes fell on the bag beside it that was beginning to move.

"Everyone stay back," Hope said, "whatever's in that thing is coming out."

They watched in anticipation as a large man with white beard submerged from the bag, "ho, ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't be merry on this special night?"

"Right, my birthday." Jaxon said blankly, not phased by the fact that Santa was standing right in front of him unlike the others, "not Christmas."

"Oh Jaxon," Santa chuckled, marching towards Jaxon before placing a hand on his shoulders as if they were old friends while the others stared at them with their mouths agape, "happy birthday. And it's the magic of Christmas."

"Again..." Jaxon shoved his hand off his shoulders, "not Christmas. Go away, you're two months early. I guess you forgot, huh? After all these years ignoring people."

"I didn't forget," Santa sighed, shooting him a look, "I was trapped inside this," he pointed to the bag, "but I no longer am."

"Santa?" Hope questioned, her eyes lighting up at the same time as Jaxon threw his head back and let out a loud groan, "oh god, please no—"

"I can't believe you're real!" Hope continued, ignoring her boyfriend. Santa smiled, "Well, of course you can. You see, my dear Hope, belief is what makes things real." Alaric cleared his throat making Santa look at him, "uh yes?"

"How did you know her name?" Alaric asked earning a smile from him, "because everyone was a child once, and I remember each and every one. Besides, a name like Alaric is pretty tough to forget."

"What about Jaxon?" Josie asked, looking at her brother, "you've met him before?"

"Well, of course I have." Santa laughed making the demigod roll his eyes, "the son of Hades. The most sarcastic and direct boy I've ever met."

He scoffed, "I take pride in being direct, thank you very much. Not many people can do that. It's one of my many talents."

"Wait, wait," Hope intervened, "you knew about Santa's existence and you never told me?"

"For one, I didn't believe in him either, okay? I thought he was just some wannabe—"

"— but I'm not." Santa cut him off, a smug grin playing at his lips, "you never believed in me either way. Never asked for anything on Christmas."

"Because I already have whatever I want." He retorted, crossing his arms.

"How did you meet him?" Dorian asked, sipping quietly on his cocoa.

"Dad told me that he'd come to see him every year, to ask him if he could borrow souls temporarily for the people who wished to see their dead loved ones." He replied, "so when I was like fifteen, I was like, I have to go see the Santa's own wish get denied 'cause you gotta admit, it's funny. He refuses to resurrect the dead every time because it's hardly safe. So yeah, there's that."

"Hope he missed me because he will be seeing more of me—" Santa was cut off by a loud screeching making him turn around to find the Krampus standing, looking pretty angry.

"It's been hard, all these years, being trapped in that awful, dark place, unable to spread joy around the world because of you!" Santa accused, getting ready to fight after telling the others not to get involved since it was personal.