21

JAXON, HOPE AND Rafael walked into the basement of the school just as Lizzie was about to spill Hope's secret. However, the tribrid was quick to act as she said a spell that shut the witch's mouth up.

Landon looked at Hope in realisation, "so this is about you."

"Doesn't concern you," Jaxon said, his eyes going to the croatoan who snarled, looking at them, ready to attack. "We gotta get out of here."

"What are you hiding from everyone?" Landon asked Hope who sighed, "there's no time. These bars aren't gonna hold. We have to find some way to stop it."

"MG is working on it," Lizzie said, "also, because of Landon, there is now a zombie on the loose."

"It was a good idea," Landon shrugged making Hope raise her hand, "okay, one monster at a time. Raf, take Landon to Dr. Saltzman. Jaxon, Lizzie and I will find a way to keep the Croatoan busy."

Jaxon, Hope and Lizzie made their way out, leaving the two inside before they also left, doing as they were told.

**

The croatoan chased the three until they reached the gym where they realized that they were screwed.

"Dude you're a god, can't you do something?"

"Sorry to break it out to you, but I am low on powers right now." Jaxon said, staring at the monster who kept snarling at them as he came closer and closer while they backed away. "I think it's time to start spilling secrets, ladies."

"I prefer to die with dignity. How about you go?" Lizzie fired back, eyeing the demigod curiously.

"I have nothing to hide. And even if it does get me, I'm not dying unlike you two—" Jaxon was cut off by Hope, "— okay, okay, fine. I'll start! I stole your jade butterfly clip in fifth grade."

Lizzie gasped, "I loved that clip!"

"Well, I had a crush on Josie and Jaxon for a week when we were 14," Hope admitted making Jaxon laugh as Lizzie's eyes widened, "okay, um, I accidentally killed your hamster. I siphoned you to cheat on finals."

"What?" Hope turned to Lizzie in shock while Jaxon watched in amusement, "I'm enjoying this."

"And I actually think you're kind of cool," Lizzie admitted with great difficulty earning a snicker from Jaxon while the monster screeched.

"Okay, it's not working," they couldn't back away further, "It's not gonna stop until everyone knows the secret we've been keeping from them; that I'm back."

"Josie's working on it." Jaxon said, "I can hold it till she's here. She texted me that she was on her way a while ago. She should be here soon."

"Why didn't I know that?" Hope raised her brows at her boyfriend who shrugged, "might have forgotten to tell you."

The monster screeched again as he attempted to reach them but Jaxon raised his hand and sent him flying towards the wall. The demigod and werewolf allowed his hand to remain in the air as he kept the croatoan fixed on the wall. The croatoan could barely move as he only screeched while Jaxon held him there with a bored look. The two witches look at him in astonishment, "and you couldn't have done this the whole time?"

"I could have," He flashed them a smirk, "but I kinda wanted to hear some secrets."

"Fuck you," Lizzie rolled her eyes while Hope hit his arm, repeating Lizzie's words, "Fuck you."

"You've already done—" he was cut off when his eyes caught sight of Josie who walked in the gym, "I'm back."

"Welcome back, sis." He flashed her a smile, "take care of our problem, will you?"

With a nod, Josie raise her hands towards the monster against the wall, saying, "Harae-tamai Kioku Yomigaerashi-tamae!" A wave of black dust was released just like that, everyone regained their memories of Hope Mikaelson.

Josie fell unconscious on the ground while the monster weakened. Just then, Jaxon felt a wave of energy hit him making him inhale sharply. He glanced down at his hand, finding his veins darkened for a second before they returned back to normal.

"Fuckin' shit," he muttered, looking up at the croatoan who screeched again at them. He wasn't leaving and Jaxon knew that he was waiting for yet another secret. Lizzie and Hope both looked at Jaxon expectantly. What was he hiding? He was yet to tell  them about what was going to happen.

"Jax—" Jaxon cut Hope off by waving his index and middle finger at the Croatoan. The two witches' eyes widened when they see it let out a loud screech before falling on his knees, turning into dust within five seconds.

"What the fuc—" Lizzie's head snapped in Jaxon's direction, "— what just happened? You could've done this the whole time?"

"No," he grunted, avoiding to look at Hope as he took off his jacket, "I would've done it if I could earlier. I feel hot. I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Jaxon, wait." Hope tried to go after him but Lizzie wrapped a hand around her wrist, "leave him be. Clearly something just happened." Their eyes went to Josie who was still unconscious.