47

"BEFORE YOU JUMP—" Enzo began, "I wanted to thank you."

"Don't mention it," Jaxon brushed him off, looking at Bonnie who placed the box on the ground and smiled at him. "I got this."

"That's the spirit," Enzo wrapped his arms around her shoulders as Jaxon walked near the pit. He turned to Bonnie again, "no, like, I'm serious. You better succeed."

"I will," Bonnie rolled her eyes, giving him a reassuring look, "trust me. I won't let you down."

She better.’ Hades spoke up, ‘jump, son. You got this.

Can I just say that none of this would've happened had you not been such a jealous bitch?’ Jaxon decided to guilt trip the god of the underworld, ‘so fuck you for that.

You're not dying,’ Hades commented and rolled his eyes even though Jaxon couldn't see him doing so, ‘stop acting like you are and jump.

With one last look at Bonnie and Enzo, the demigod let out a sigh before finally allowing his body to fall into the pit.

The black substance enveloped around him and he felt himself being dragged deep down. He could not breathe but somehow that was the least of his concern. He kept his eyes closed as the thick substance continued to cover him completely until he finally touched the ground.

He opened his eyes and let out a deep breath as he looked around. It was completely dark. There was absolutely nothing but darkness.

He barely took a step forward when he felt the whole place begin to shake. He tried to stay standing but in the end, he lost his balance and fell on the ground. He looked down at his hands which he placed beneath him to steady himself and found that the ground was beginning to crack.As it cracked, a bright white light began emitting through the cracks.

what now?’ Jaxon asked his dad who replied with, ‘you wait.

And so he waited. About a minute later, the floor continued to crack open but it wasn't opening everywhere— only in a specific place and into a shape; a circle. Jaxon stared at the bright circle of white light and let out a groan when it erupted like a volcano. He watched the now dark thick fume erupt out of the circle and began encircling him.

He felt as if he was stuck in the middle of a tornado. Jaxon brought a hand to his face, the black fume was everywhere around him, surrounding him as it encircled him at a fast speed.

And then it entered him. It was a quick one second process. Jaxon blinked, the place suddenly went calmer than ever. He stared at his hands, his veins prominently darker than ever.

Then he felt it; an overwhelming pain. He felt it through his entire body which made him groan out loud as he lost his step and began stumbling backwards. His hands went to grip his hair tight as he tugged on them, hard. He felt as if someone was ripping his head open.

Hang on tight, Jax,’ Hades's voice held nothing but concern, ‘you've already absorbed all it's magic now you're gonna black out for a few minutes. I'll make sure you're unconscious while the witch remove the dark magic from you. And when you wake up, Malivore will no longer be there. Just...’ Jaxon could not make out the rest of Hades's words as he felt his legs give out. He fell on the ground, loosing consciousness. ‘Shit.

Meanwhile Bonnie and Enzo waited for Jaxon to return with anticipation. Their eyes stayed glued on the pit as they waited.

Just then, they saw the black substance catching fire. However, the fire was red. The whole pit caught the red fire and the newly reunited couple watched with awe as it burnt. A wave of smoke hit the room making the two cover cough as they tried to get rid of it with their hands.

No longer than five seconds later, the smoke disappeared and they look back at the pit only to find that it was no longer there. Rather, an unconscious Jaxon was lying on the ground. Bonnie and Enzo rushed to him as Enzo knelt down, grabbing his hand to stare at his arm. They looked at the dark veins and exchanged stares as Bonnie realised what she had to do.

She began chanting the spell and watched as the dark magic flowed from Jaxon's body and began going towards the box as she guided it. She felt weak, it was a lot— it was too much. Blood began pouring out of her nose, her knees buckled as her legs was about to give out but Enzo held her and whispered encouraging words in her ears.

With a loud scream, she finally managed to extract all the dark magic from Jaxon to the box. She fell limp in Enzo's arms, feeling weaker than ever but she was still alive. "And Bonnie Bennett helps save the world once again," he wrapped his arms around her and kept her in his embrace while they waited for the demigod to wake up.

After a few seconds, Jaxon slowly opened his eyes, regaining consciousness. "Is it done?" Were the first words that got past his lips. Bonnie and Enzo nodded, both holding smiles on their faces.

"Thank fuck," Jaxon got up on his feet and dusted off his clothes, ignoring the chuckles he heard from the couple. He walked over to the box and grabbed it, "I better get this to the underworld. I can tell my dad if you'd like to be teleported back to Ital—"

"— No," Bonnie was quick to refuse, looking at Enzo as they held the same knowing looks, "no, we have someone to see."

"Well, okay then. Have fu—" he was cut off when Bonnie lunged into his arms, hugging him as tight as ever while thanking him over and over again. "Thank you so much," she whispered, "if you need anything, I'm one call away."

Jaxon broke the hug and smiled at her before nodding. His eyes flickered to Enzo who gave him a nod and a smile, mouthing a ‘thank you’  as well.

"My pleasure. Have fun." He mock saluted both of them while Enzo mirrored his action just before Hades took Jaxon back into the underworld.

"You did it!" Hades said in a proud tone, "good job, son."

"I'm amazing, I know," Jaxon tossed the box to Hades, "now— return me back to my friends. I wanna see them."

"Ah yes, the Josie problem has been dealt with." Hades informed, "she's back to normal now thanks to your girlfriend."

"She's amazing too, I know," Jaxon said making Hades roll his eyes at his words before snapping him back on earth.

Jaxon found himself standing in front of the Salvatore school and he couldn't help but hesitate to get inside, not knowing what was awaiting him. He didn't know whether to be proud of himself that he destroyed Malivore for good or feel bad because he wasn't there with his friends to help Josie.