Chapter 33 - Sister Love

Not Friday. But I managed to finish a chapter a day before....so why not post it as well!

Enjoy!!

----

"You were indeed, corrupted by Shang Tsung's magic. Which thanks to it, he managed to get your help, and resurrect me." Gelica spoke up. "Within your powers, along with the Jinsei I inhaled at the Chamber, I am now the strongest Goddess that can defeat Cetrion only by myself." She paused and faced her hands. "You went against Nightwolf and (y/n) while under the influence. As mentioned before...a conflict occurred between you and (y/n) a few moments before you were healed. If she wouldn't pour the Jinsei on you in time, you would be taking her life."

Fujin looks down in disappointment as guilt showered his body once he heard the last sentence. "I cannot believe I was enslaved to Shang Tsung-" he paused and looked at you. "I almost did the unthinkable for the second time." Gelica frowned while Fujin slowly placed his hand on yours. Subtly, and gently.

"But you didn't, Fujin. We both are alive now, and well." You tried to reassure him. "This is what matters."

"Second time?" She asked. "This- has happened before?" You and Fujin looked at each other confused. The Wind God decided to ask her a specific question that moment.

"When were you first brought to life, Gelica?"

"Yesterday.." You turned your head to Fujin. He looked to share the same concern as you.

"So, she didn't exist in the previous timelines?"

--

The creases on the hourglass start to disappear, as the ship gets closer to the Outworld.

--

The Special Force's Soldiers took place, and covered every corner of the Kastle with a c4. If Cassie pulled the trigger, everything and everyone would turn into dust.

To their surprise, the Temple was empty.

Or it seemed to be.

Raiden walked towards Cassie while she was speaking on her earpiece.

"The bombs have been planted

"The bombs have been planted." Cassie informed her mother.

"Any sign of the enemy side?"

"Nothing." Cassie replied, in question. Sonya was left in silence for a few seconds.

"Activate it." She then, gave the order and Cassie looked uneasy, but nodded. The young Commander took a deep breath, expressing her worry.

Raiden walked beside her. "It is time, Cassandra." Cassie, shook her head nervously, as she was left traumatized with her mother's death.

She looked at the soldiers waiting for her final move. Her gaze then, moved to the trigger. She slowly placed her thumb against the button. Her heartbeat started to increase.