Chapter 8 - Celebration

----

- A week later -

It has been a month by the time you first got to this place. While you are still recovering from the deadly beat you got, where it's a miracle that you even manage to stand up in such small period of time; there were a lot of undiscovered places and people that you wanted to see. This room was so far your comfort zone. And Cassie with Fujin, the only people you could trust so far.

Fear took over your body as you don't know the reaction you might get from others once they face a human being like you. Since you don't know yourself what type of creatures you will face. You tried your best to convince Cassie, Jacqui and everyone that visited you even once, you are not a threat and the last thing you would want to do is hurt anyone from here.

But curiosity and mystery about the unknown was filling your mind by the time Fujin helped you look outside the balcony. You felt the need to explore more. You desired more.

So you slowly stood up and walked towards the doors. Your hand slowly went to reach the door knob but it already opened by the guards, revealing a woman wearing a mask and a hoodie.

The mysterious woman spend at least two seconds doing absolutely nothing but looking at you up and down. "I suppose you are (y/n)." She finally spoke.

"That's me." You replied, taking a few steps back. She walked inside and the guards behind her closed the door.

"I am Jade

"I am Jade. Outworld Kahn's ally, protector and an Edenian Assassin."

Shocked from the last sentence you moved yourself a bit away from her. "Assassin?"

"I am not here to harm you, (y/n)." Jade raised her hands trying to show she's not here to terror you. "I have been sent by Kitana Kahn. I wanted to visit way earlier but it was quite impossible at that time."

You didn't say anything as you were the one to see her as a threat. What else does this world have?

Jade noticed your hesitation and she decided to be straight to the point. "I am here, to announce you that I will be your master."

"My master? Why?" You asked confused.

"I will train you to turn into a great Assassin. A great Kombatant." You widened your eyes in shock.

----

"Cassandra, I've been here for many days and I still did not get a 'happy to have you back' party." Bo' Rai Cho complained. Cassie chuckled at him, while writing something on her computer.

"For your information, this is what I'm preparing now," Cassie paused, grabbed a bottle of beer and handed it to Bo' Rai Cho.

"What is this?"

"My way of apologizing." Cassie chuckled. Bo' Rai Cho kindly took the bottle from her hand. "Apology accepted." They both laughed and Bo' Rai Cho drank a bit of his beer.