Chapter 28 - Betrayal

A meme to start this chapter

A meme to start this chapter...cuz it's gon be a heavy one y'all!

This pic represents my life the past year...

ENJOY!

----

Fujin tilted his head in surprise at Raiden's words. He did not expect him to be extreme with his decisions.

"Raiden, you cannot obligate me to choose such thing-"

"I am afraid you left me no other choice, brother." Raiden said as he landed a strike of thunder onto the ground, beside Fujin's feet. You moved back in terror while Fujin stood still and lift his eyes to face his corrupted brother. "I cannot let you endanger the safety of Earthrealm for a mortal, that sided with Cetrion's army."

Feeling wronged from the false accusations, you decide to finally speak up. "You still don't trust me?" You question; but no answer was heard. "I would never dare to fight side by side, with someone that wants to harm the people that protected me!" You said as Raiden's glance moved to you. "I believed what I have done so far proved it...I never wanted this. I get scared every time to the thought of Cetrion finding out the truth! I would never risk my life in this way."

"How can I trust your words now, (y/n)? The moment I asked to keep your distance from Fujin- you disobeyed my order." Raiden replied to you, leaving you unable to speak. Fujin shook his head in disbelief.

"Your confronting has to stop, Raiden." Fujin said as he walked towards his brother. "All I am seeking is your approval."

"I apologize, Fujin. But I will not let you to drag us down to your path." Raiden said as he stood across him.

These were his last words, before he landed a hit on Fujin...causing a huge fight between the two brothers.

The sudden conflict left you speechless. You watch the horrific view happening between the two brothers. You decided to intervene to such violent scene but look around for help. Still, luckily none of them used their weapons for extreme attacks.

A minute pass and you start to silently panic as the storm brothers keep fighting. Kicks, strikes and small tornados include the quarrel. Until, Fujin turns around and lands a kick on Raiden, making him fall. Raiden supports himself as he places his hands against the ground.

He slowly stands up panting and Fujin faces his brother's back.

A chill breeze passes through everyone's bodies while total silence was surrounding the garden.

You moved a strand of your hair behind your ear in order to clear your point of view and see Fujin looking at his defeated brother. He slowly approaches him and places one of his hand around his waist and takes Raiden's arm, wrapping it around his shoulder.