Chapter 22 - My Love

SMALL WARNING! This chapter contains a quite graphic description of a fight. If you want to skip that part that starts with (!!!) this, you may read the rest where it starts with this (*)!

Enjoy!

----

Cassie sighed in relief while Takeda was standing next to her taking a sip of his water. Jacqui walked up to you and placed her arm around your shoulder.

Sonya was speaking on the phone with the police.

Meanwhile Raiden with Jackson were a bit further, talking.

You couldn't help but glance a few times to see Raiden since Jax and him were doing the exact same thing while talking. You had a feeling that you were the subject of their conversation for some reason. But you decided to not let your paranoia take over you.

Also- You were kind of scared of Raiden. This man could easily remind you of that strict teacher or boss you could have in your school or work place. He's nothing like Fujin.

"Alright. Contact Mrs. Alyson (y/l/n) and please give her all the information to Commander Cassandra Cage." Sonya requested. "Alright, thank you." She said and hang up.

The phone closing grabbed your attention and looked back at Sonya. "Everything is under control, (y/n). I think it's best to speak with your aunt tomorrow. It's quite late for that phonecall right now."

"Thank you, Sonya." You said. "I am sorry for all this fuss-"

"You're apologizing? It's not your fault." Sonya walked towards you. "It's normal your family would get worried. It would be weird if they didn't try anything to reach out for you."

"You're right." You awkwardly chuckled.

"Welp! We got the happy ending!" Cassie exclaimed.

"So can we go home now?" Takeda yawned. "I have to set up some things for tomorrow."

"Jesus Takeda, like what? A wedding?" Cassie teasingly asked and Takeda chocked. Jacqui quickly pat his back and Cassie rolled her eyes.

"Uh- yeah we really should!" You spoke up. "I also have my training lesson early in the morning- so I want to be rested."

"Alright then, I'll get you to your room. I need to give you something too." Cassie said, grabbing her backpack. "Mom, what about you?"

"I'll stay a bit longer. Need to take a look to some reports."

--

"So Raiden. "What did you need me for?" Raiden felt quite embarrassment for a few seconds and hesitated to tell Jax.

"By mistake I overheard earlier the comment you made to Fujin about (y/n)." Raiden glanced at (y/n) for a few seconds and then looked back at Jax. "Is there something going on between them, Jackson?"

Jax shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms. "Raiden, you know how much I respect you, but I think it's best for your brother himself, tell you everything you want to know. It is not my place to give you these answers." Raiden looked down and nodded at Jax's reaction.

"I understand, Jackson. I apologise if this seemed a pressuring question." Raiden said.

"It's okay, Raiden. It definitely did not." Jax smiled to reassure him. Seconds later, Jacqui with Takeda walked towards the exit and said their goodnight.