Chapter 16 - The Truth

SMALL WARNING! This chapter contains a quite graphic description of a fight. If you want to skip that part that starts with (!!!) this, you may read the rest where it starts with this (*)!

ENJOY!

----

Liu Kang looked at the two brothers and then back at (y/n). "You are brought here to know the reason you are dragged to this mess, (y/n).

Raiden and Fujin stood silent. (y/n) frowned. "Do you believe....this is the first time you find yourself in this realm?" Liu Kang asked her.

"I do not only believe it. It IS my first time literally living something surreal like this. I don't know what else to do or say to prove my innocence." Liu Kang's eyes met the two brothers once again.

"We know you're innocent but- It is not the first time you are being here..to Outworld, (y/n)." Liu Kang spoke.

----

Kitana was sitting on her throne at the Koliseum with the crowd cheering for the kombat that was happening between two fighters. It was not a fight exactly, you could call it a display of a training session.

Jade was by her side to guard her throne. The two women along, were witnessing the kombat.

Suddenly, two Sai landed right onto the Kombatants heads, leaving them dead on the spot. The crowd reacted in shock.

Kitana now concerned, stood up from her throne and Jade pulled out her razor steel fan.

A dark purple smoke was moving directly towards them. Jade aimed and threw her razor to the smoke.

The steel fan stopped abruptly and stood right in the middle for a few seconds, before it revealed one of Kitana's biggest enemies.

Mileena.

"By the gods...how is she-.." Jade whispered to herself.

"Aw, looks like Jade is not that excited to see me." Mileena greeted her and reappeared the two Sai in her hands. Her gaze scanned Kitana. "Did you miss me, sister?"

Kitana was startled as well with Mileena's return. Facing one of her worst nightmare in person getting resurrected made her furious.

"First Shao Kahn, now you?" Kitana frowned in anger.

"The wrong Empress rules the Outworld! This throne belongs to father!"

"I'm the Empress the Outworld needs. And my duty is to keep it protected by impostors like you!" Kitana slowly started to approach Mileena. Jade followed her. "And if that means I have to kill you, then I will!" Kitana raised her voice at the end of the sentence and opened her fan.

(!!!)