Chapter 20 - Broken Vow

----

Jacqui and Cassie's mouth dropped from what you said. "What do you mean?.." Jacqui asked.

"He knows that I like him. He told me himself."

"Ah-" Cassie quickly stood up while looking at Jade. "Oh, but you told him it was not true right?!" She tried to cover it up. "You, wanting Fujin." She laughed it off. You frown an eyebrow before glancing at Jade as well.

Realisation hit you that they don't know that Jade is aware. Poor guys..

"Jade knows, Cass." Cassie sighed in relief and sat back down on her chair.

"It is not something to be relieved about!" Takeda stood up. "Jacqui, Cass and I did not say a word to Lord Fujin." He denied everything. That moment, Cassie discreetly turned her chair towards her office and her face showed the expression of 'getting caught'.

Jacqui noticed this and turned the chair back around to face them. "Cass....you fucked up didn't you?"

"Well... let's say- my mom saw a text message I sent to you about (y/n) and Fujin and she believed that it had to do with something else-"

"Just get straight to the point!" Jacqui demanded.

"I had to tell her, because she wouldn't leave me alone!" You facepalm and you take a deep breath. "But I know for sure that she wouldn't say a thing. They haven't talked in a while. There's no why he found out from her."

"Then who the hell said it?!", You asked in desperation. Jade decided to interrupt the conversation.

"(y/n), I understand your frustration. But you have to take responsibility, remember our conversation earlier. You need to have this talk with Fujin, not us."

"Preach you, green sister!" Cassie cheered Jade.

"So...(y/n) this is it." Takeda sighed.

"Yeah...I gotta take this off my chest. No one knows what his response will be..even though I'm pretty sure I already know the answer." You spoke in disappointment, but you understand Fujin's place and most importantly his task.

"There are plenty fish in the sea." Jacqui walked next to you and placed her arm around your shoulder.

"And ones that won't break up with you over text!" Cassie tapped her leg nervously repeatedly.

"What does she mean?" You turned your head and asked Jacqui.

"It's her ex... don't mind her." She whispered to you. You nod and clear your throat.

"Okay, it doesn't matter how he found out. The next time I see him.. I'm putting a final end to this."

----

- 3 Weeks Later -

The days have been passing in the same routine. After (y/n)'s return to Kitana's Coliseum, and Mileena's attack, there was no intervention from Cetrion or Shang Tsung.

The Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei have been training along with the Special Forces by the time the Elder Goddess already gave her first warning by escaping the Netherrealm and resurrecting their enemies.

Following to Liu Kang's Keep, where the God of Thunder and Fire and Raiden are guarding the Hourglass, have not spoke with Fujin since the day they announced to him they might restart time once again.

Speaking of the Wind God, he has isolated himself at the Sky Temple while still committed to his duty. (y/n)'s feelings have created a huge impact to Fujin's heart and mind.