Chapter 12 - New Beginning

Thanking one of my very close friends, Marianna for helping me write this chapter by opening up about her feelings about her father's loss. This chapter is dedicated to her. And to everyone else that has lost a loved one. Stay strong. ,,<3

----

It was evening and still, there were no signs of Fujin and (y/n). That was growing worry to the Special Forces.

Sonya entered the bunker to see Cassie and Jacqui in fear.

"If something happened to (y/n) because of me... I'll never forgive myself." Cassie's voice cracked. Jacqui placed her hand behind Cassie's back and moving with small circular moves to calm her.

"She will be back, Cass. Don't worry." Johnny, from the other side of the table felt for his daughter..he then grabbed a chair from a random desk and pulled it next to Cassie, taking a seat.

he then grabbed a chair from a random desk and pulled it next to Cassie, taking a seat

"You shouldn't blame yourself, Cassie...you did what you thought it was right to do. You wanted to protect," Johnny paused, Cassie looked at the ceiling, shaking her leg nervously. "She will be back. Trust your dad."

She stayed silent. Johnny looked at Jacqui and Jacqui slowly tightened her lips together unable to say anything to console her.

Sonya glanced at them and decided to follow her family's desk. "We will search till midnight."

"I guess she's not at Kitana's Kastle?" Jacqui asked, Sonya nodded her head no.

"No." Sonya exhaled and slowly rested her lower back against the desk where Cassie was currently sitting. "The first thought was that she was probably lost. Turns out she maybe... escaped."

"Escape how? She's still in a poor condition." Johnny wondered.

"With Fujin's help." Sonya completed.

"She's actually with Fujin?" Jax made his entrance into the conversation.

"Maybe. Since he is gone as well." Sonya replied. "Don't forget that (y/n) wanted to see him. Which is quite unusual."

"There's no way Fujin would do this. Especially behind everyone's back.." Jax light up his cigar and brought it to his mouth.

"This is why is on my scenario list. (y/n) could even try to escape alone and in the meanwhile got lost. We can't know anything yet."

"Let's hope for the best..."

----

"Everything is going under control, Liu Kang." Raiden turned to face Liu Kang. Liu Kang replied by giving him a smile. "But I have a question for you."

"What is it, Raiden?" Raiden turned his body to face Liu Kang's.