14 • Grumpy Rajvansh

Mishti :)

It was 11.30 PM. Ramu Kaka had already left to his house.. I was waiting for Abir to come.  My eyes snapped at the gate as I heard a car horn.

I opened the door being excited but the smile faded seeing my Mom coming inside. It's not like I became unhappy to see her, but  what if Abir will come after her!

"I thought you must be sleeping, what are you doing outside at this hour? " she asked keeping her sandal in shoe stand.. I blinked my eyes in fear. "Actually I was just going to lock the gate , " I somehow managed..

"Wait for five minutes, Aarav and Rashi are  coming, " saying she went inside. I nodded my head.

"Have you made this kheer? " her voice came from inside. A pout formed on my lips, "Yes! " I replied..

I ran towards gate seeing Abir parking his car outside the gate. Holding his hand I pulled him to aside. "Listen! Mom is here, " I mumbled taking deep breaths. "So what! " he muttered being carefree. I squizzed my eyes.

"What will she react seeing you at this hour? Are you mad? " I tried to put some sense in his brain but he rolled his eyes.

"But my kheer? " he pouted, "She ate, " I chuckled.. He glared at me..

"It is your fault, you came late! "

"I had some urgent work! Now I don't know anything bring me my kheer, " he said crushing his arms over his chest.

"I will make kheer some other day, Please go now, " I pleaded holding his palm , but  he shook his head. Seriously!!

We both closed our eyes as a light flashed on our face. A car stopped in front of his car, I arched my brows confusely.. My jaw touched the floor seeing bhai bhabi there..

They both came out of the car, I looked at Abir angrily . They both were staring at us like they just saw an alien.

"Umm, who is he? " bhabi asked as they both made their way to us. I took a deep breath, "my... my friend, " I muttered being nervous..

"Oh! Friend! " she mimicked staring at our intertwined hand, I jerked his hand immediately. "I think I should go, " Abir muttered under his breathe.

"I wish you would have listened to me early, " I whispered making sure they both won't listen. He rolled his eyes and got inside his car. I felt little bad for him, even it's 11.30 , he kept his words and came to my house just to eat kheer..

My eyes went big seeing him waving his hand at me with a romantic smile. I glared at him knowing his intention. "Friends right! " bhabi mumbled again , I glared at him, he was just trying to suppress his laugh.

Finally he left in his car, not before raising thousands of questions inside my bhai and bhabi's brain.. "We should go inside, " bhai said we both headed inside..

I was closing the gate when my phone started ringing flashing Abir's name, the volume was high too . I cut the call. He don't leave a chance to trouble me.Bhai bhabi stopped and turned back, I gave them a faint smile. "Your friend must have reached his house, isn't it ? " she chuckled. I just looked here and there.

"You go, I am coming, " bhai told bhabi and she went inside. Bhai came to me inserting his both hands inside his pocket. "I know I don't have any rights to ask but still asking, he is your friend only na? " he sounded serious. I nodded my head.

We both went inside, I know the reason behind his concern. Mom never want me to marry a business man, or a man coming from business background. But I should not think about this, I ain't gonna marry anyone..