Donnie x Autistic!NB!Reader💕

🛎️ Requested by Toybonne🛎️

This is kinda how the brothers/Donnie found out! Also, their is slight cussing!!

Y/n POV:
I was in the lair waiting on the turtle brothers to get home. While they were gone, I decided to finally unmask until they get back. The thing is, I've been masking for maybe a few days nonstop, so I was exhausted. Since I was so tired, and today being a long day, I fell into my nonverbal state. While getting my stims out,both good and bad, I heard footsteps then a small chuckle. I froze and looked towards the noise... It was the brothers back from their mission early... Shit.

Before I could do anything, Donnie walked over and stood before me. "Y/n? Are you alright..? You hit yourself kinda hard." I shrunk back in embarrassment, but still nodded to make sure that he knew I was okay. "Wait, what were they doing with their hands?" The oblivious and obnoxious youngest yelled. Donnie looked towards me, silently asking if he could explain. I nodded, surprised my savior boyfriend knew what was going on. After he explained, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as Raph said the one thing I needed to hear...

"Go ahead, let it all out! Have your fun."

As soon as I heard that, I smiled and started to slowly fall back into my stims. "Ooh! I wanna try!" Mikey jumped beside me and copied my stims, smiling. His smile caused me to copy, until Donnie cut in to let everyone know he was going to his lab. I stood up and motioned that I was going to his lab as well. They mostly understood, so I started walking to the door. After he let me in, I sat beside him and watched him work for a while. "Y'know... There's a reason I knew what to explain and how." Glancing up, I saw his eyes peircing into mine.

Donnie POV:
As I looked away from their sweet curious eyes, I began to explain. "You aren't the only nerodivergent in this lab right now... I'm autistic as well. Sure I've never told anyone yet, but I'm planning on it." Turning back to Y/n's burning stare, I noticed a small smile growing on their face. They haven't said anything... What do I do?! "Um... So, why'd you come in here anyway?" They kinda froze, thinking of what to say, until finally signing. "Oh! Are you nonverbal right now?" They nodded and started signing once more. I've studied this language, so I knew what they were wanting to say.

'I wanted to see what you were doing. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with your brothers watching me as well.' I giggled and nodded. "Fair enough... Wanna help out?" They nodded and went over beside my tool box, ready to grab what I needed. After a while, I needed sandpaper so I asked for it but instantly answered with a whimper. I turned around towards the whimpering Y/n and noticed that when they touched the sandpaper, they shot their hands up, rubbing the feeling "off", and trying again.

"If you don't want to touch it, just let me know. Here, I'll get it really quick." I shot a robotic arm over to grab it, and continued working. They tapped on my shoulder and signed sorry, though I shot them down. "Don't be sorry! Everyone has different textures they don't like ,there's nothing to be sorry about." After working a little more, I decided to stop and finally talk to my partner beside me. 'Finally taking a break?' Rolling my eyes, I moved closer to them. "Yeah yeah, shut up."

I grabbed the weighted blanket behind Y/n and asked if they were okay with the pressure. After a nod, they joined me under the weighted heaven with a soft sigh. This is probably the best break I've had.

A/N Heyo! Hopefully this is more accurate and/or relatable to autistic people..? I don't think I have autism, so I'm truly hoping I didn't mess anything up! I did add a little thing of mine that I do with sandpaper, but other than that, this is all mostly research and hope! If anything is wrong, please do let me know!! I'll stop blabbering now, have a great day/night/afternoon BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

•||•Word Count: 736•||•