29. The Curse

"We can only save one" Joo Seok and Man Beok looked at each other in distress.

"Please decide quickly" a tribal physician urged them. Joo Seok looked at his father sobbing.

"Ah...fuck" Man Beok growled and lost his ability to think straight.

"You are useless" he shouted at the physician.

"I'll take him to a good physicain," he said.

"Dad, please. Think straight. We can at least save mom" Joo Seok tears falling down.

"No. I can save them both" Man Beok was adamant and took his wife and away from the tribes and to the Baekjae Kingdom. But on his was his wife died.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Seong Hwa and Garam were riding their horses as fast as they could to the place. Suddenly Garam stopped when he saw Joo Seok. The King stopped right after him. Joo Seok was sitting under a tree and was crying his lungs out beside his mother who was laying lifeless.

The two young men climbed down their horses and ran to them. Garam hugged Joo Seok as soon as he reached them.

"Garam...." Joo Seok broke down in his chest and cried his heart out to his lover. Seong Hwa checked the lady's pulse and breath and she was dead. He felt so bad seeing Joo Seok cry like that.

"I couldn't s-save her" he began sobbing. Man Beok who was sitting beside them stood up.

"JEON SEONG HWA" he shouted making everyone's eyes widen.

"How dare you call the King like that?" Garam shouted.

"Because of you, I lost my wife and child. You are responsible for this" he yelled with red eyes.

"You want everything for yourself, don't you?" he scoffed with tears in his eyes. His legs were wobbling.

"I'm sorry....I-" the King tried.

"Will your apology will bring them back?" he asked in a hoarse voice to the King who felt bad for being selfish. Man Beok took some paper from his pocket.

"You did not allow me to perform sorcery, right? I can show you what this sorcery can do" he said and took some powder and sprinkled it on the paper and placed it down. He sat down in front of it and closed his eyes and suddenly it glowed. Everyone's eyes widened and Joo Seok tried to get up and walked to his father weakly.

"No" he mumbled and tried to take the paper but his father pushed him away and he hit his head on a rock and began to bleed.

"Joo Seok" Garam and the King ran to him. The butler didn't have consciousness.

"Let's take him to the place immediately," The King said and Garam nodded anxiously. The Royal Guard placed his lover on his horse and sat behind him. They were about to go when Man Book interrupted them.

"Jeon Seong Hwa, because of you I had lost my family and you will reap the results," he said and his hands began to glow and the old man's eyes turned golden.

"I was saving this magic my whole life. Now I'm using this" he said.

"You made me choose between my wife and child but I lost both. I'm cursing you. You will only have either your child or him in all of your lives. You can't have both" Man Beok said and a bright light appeared in the sky and formed an eclipse. He laughed like a maniac. Seong Hwa and Garam were motionless at his words. Suddenly, someone ran to them. It was a maid.

"Your majesty, the Royal Concubine poisoned the Queen," she said planting, and Seong Hwa saw some soldiers following her to kill her.

"Told ya.....You will only have one" Man Beok laughed like a madman earning a glare from the King.

"You should go first, your majesty" Garam said climbing down the horse and unsheathing his sword to protect the maid from the soldiers. Seong Hwa nodded and steered his horse fast with his heart beating so fast. Air was knocked out of his lungs and he was never been this scared in his entire life. Sweat beads decorated his forehead.

"Haaaaa" he shouted and the horse picked its speed to its maximum.

Seong Hwa reached the palace and ran to the Queen's chamber. On the way, he saw the maids and butlers shouting at the soldiers or Chaeyoung's men. Even some loyal soldiers were locked up. His eyes turned red. He opened the door and saw Chaeyoung beside Bora.

"Your majesty, we could not save our Queen," she said faking her tears. Seong Hwa's eyes landed on the dead body of his husband who now had foam in his mouth and a tiny baby who was sleeping beside him. He didn't allow his tears to fall. He looked at the glass of white liquid in Chaeyoung's hands which was similar to the liquid on Bora'a mouth and she was trying to hide. Seong Hwa took his favorite sword and slashed Chaeyoung's head without caring about anything she was saying. Her head rolled away from her body and her body fell with a thud. That's when tears fell one by one from Seong Hwa's eyes.

"Please wake up, kitten. Please" he begged leaning his forehead on Bora's and the smaller's face was full of the taller's tears.

"I'm sorry. I c-could not save you, love" he sobbed holding Bora's blue hands.

"I'm sorry.....I was late" he laid his head on his husband's chest but he could not feel the heartbeat. Seong Hwa completely broke down and he couldn't even cry. The sorrow when his parents died was nowhere near this. His heart ached to see his love, his kitten, his husband, his Queen, his Bora lying there lifeless with Seong Hwa'a ring on his finger. He could never see his eye smile again in this lifetime.

"I'm sorry....." he mumbled continuously sobbing. Bora's parents entered the chamber as soon as the King's soldiers released them. Garam and a half-conscious Joo Seok with a cloth over his wound too came.

"What will I do without you, baby? I'm a dead body without you" Seong Hwa banged his head on the bed's head board multiple times. None dared to stop. They knew how he felt.

"I could not protect you" he sobbed and felt his head hurting. He planted a kiss on Bora's forehead and took the baby into his arms. The baby looked so cute.

"A princess" Bora's papa whispered what the maids told them while clutching his heart in pain seeing his son laying dead. His husband was no better. The old couple was laying their heads on the wall with dried tears on their faces. They had cried more than enough in the prison.

"It's all m-my fault. I should n-not have left him...." Joo Seok cried on Garam's chest who caressed his head saying 'no'.

Seong Hwa kissed his daughter's forehead who opened her eyes to look at her father cutely with her doe eyes.

"Jeon Hwa Jin" he muttered looking at her.

"I'm sorry to leave you alone, princess" he whispered so only she can hear that. The baby was crying as if she understood that. The King smiled between his tears.

"Take good care of her," he said giving the baby to Joo Seok and Garam because Bora'a parents were very exhausted. The young couple looked at him with wide and shocked eyes at his words.

"Mother and father, I'm sorry I could not protect your son", Seong Hwa said but the older ones only leaked more tears, eyes never leaving the dead body of their son. Joo Seok took the baby into his hands and looked at her. She snuggled closer into his warmth.

"If there is another life, I'll repay you all. Please don't stop me this time" Seong Hwa begged with a broken voice. He looked at Bora's dead body with soft eyes.

"I love you, baby. Always will" he whispered before leaning down to kiss Bora on his bitter lips. He didn't listen to the voices begging him to stop. The voices soon turned into sobs as they knew Seong Hwa is nothing without Bora.

Seong Hwa felt bitterness in his lips but still kissed Bora's rough blue lips which were once soft and pink. The poison went into his mouth and he never stopped kissing his dead husband. A few moments later, he felt lifeless at the effect of the deadly poison with Bora's rings in ring finger just like his husband. Seong Hwa and Bora's hands were connected as they were both now lifeless.