16. When will be my turn?

Jungkook and Jimin walked behind Gaeul to eat lunch with him. Gaeul kept looking back at them making them uncomfortable.

"Is he gonna kidnap us?" Jimin whispered to Jungkook.

"He is a bit weird" Jungkook replied in a hushed tone but still followed the chairman to the lunch. Gaeul reached a room and opened the door for them to enter which weirded them a bit. Chairman opening the door for an employee. That too Jimin didn't even join the company yet.

"Here, please it down," the man said in an excited tone and pulled out two chairs for Jimin and Jungkook who smiled uneasily at him. Just then they heard a knock on the door.

"It's my wife" Gaeul said and an old woman entered the room with a bright smile. Jimin and Jungkook must agree that the old couple were so good-looking despite their age. Boona smiled widely at the pair sitting on the chairs. She first saw Jimin and was very happy that Gaeul finally saw his mama but she froze when she saw Jungkook too. Many unpleasant memories began playing in her mind.

"Boona, run away. Fast"

"NO, uncle Jeon. You m-must c-come with m-me"

"Please understand. You should make out of here at least. I've promised Gaeul that I would bring you safe"

"I-i can't"

"Nothing will happen to me. I'll be alright. Stop crying"

And then her mind was full of gunshots and blood. She stumbled slightly making her husband run to her.

"What is it, honey?" Gaeul asked gently holding her waist. She just looked at Jungkook above her husband's shoulder.

"U-uncle Jeon....." She whispered and Gaeul nodded.

"Yes, they found each other like every time. But why aren't they finding me?" He said sadly sighing.

"They will surely recognise you. There are no parents who can't recognise their child" she said and smiled at the pair who are now standing. Jungkook and Jimin bowed at her and she returned the gesture.

"I'm Boona, nice to meet you" she introduced herself.

"I'm Jimin and he is my friend Jungkook" Jimin said.

'Friend..... Not for too long though' Boona smirked to herself and nodded.

"Let's eat first" she said and served them food. She placed more Kimchi Jjigae on Jimin's plate and more Samgyeopsal on Jungkook's place.

"Oh! It's my favourite" Jimin and Jungkook said simultaneously and they eyes widen. Boona giggled at them.

"I know" she said.

"What?" Jimin asked her confused.

"Ah... I g-guessed" she said and looked at her husband.

"My wife is good at guessing games you know" Gaeul said to divert them and it worked. The young duo took a bite and it was so delicious. Without knowing they finished almost everything. The taste felt somewhat similar and they couldn't resist. Gaeul and Boona were smiling at them fondly.

"Oh...there are nothing left for you" Jungkook pouted and looked at the couple opposite him.

"No, no. We already had our lunch" Gaeul lied.

"Oh.... It was so delicious. Thank you so much. We enjoyed the meal" Jungkook said sincerely and Jimin agreed while nodding.

"We have to take my niece to a movie now. It was nice meeting you both. See you next time" Jimin and Jungkook bowed at the couple who were all smiles. Gaeul and Boona nodded at them.

"Here. Take this kimchi home" Boona said giving Jimin a bag.

"No, it's not necessary, Mam" Jimin refused politely.

"No, I insist. If you don't take it, I'll be sad" the old woman said with puppy eyes and pouted. Jimin felt bad for refusing her.

"I'll take it. Thank you. We will get going then" he smiled his infamous eye smile. Jungkook bid his goodbye too and the pair exited the building.

"Woah, they were weird" Jungkook said opening the car door for Jimin.

"But they were sweet," the older said closing the door and looking at Jungkook through the window. Jungkook nodded and walked to his seat. He sat on his seat and closed the door. He buckled his seatbelts and turned to drive but was caught up by Jimin's beautiful eyes looking at him. He started at him making Jimin nervous.

"Hyung?" He called in a deep voice and a shiver was sent down Jimin's spine.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked making Jimin's heart race fast. He was speechless and his face was burning red now. He wanted to ask ' What? Why? How?'. But nothing came out of him except a shy nod. He didn't know what came into him but he closed his eyes ready to feel Jungkook's lips on his. He was nervous but excited. But all he felt was a peck on his forehead. He opened his eyes to see the racer smiling at him. Jungkook didn't want to tease the already red boy.

"Let's go, hyung" he said switching the engine on.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Gaeul was working on some important documents in his home office as his wife was sitting on the couch and looking at a photo album for a long time now. The old man sighed and stood up from his chair. He went straight to his wife and laid his head on her lap, looking up at her. But she just kept looking at the album and he knew what it was.

"Baby?" He called to gain her attention. Boona just nodded.

"Do you think they would have also been reborn?" She asked with sadness evident in her tone.

"Maybe. Mom and dad were cursed, so it's inevitable for them. But I don't know about uncle and aunt" he said bitterly. He knew she was sick of his lies about her getting a chance to meet her parents too.

"When will be my turn? Are my parents even reborn?" She sighed and looked at the picture of her parent's wedding. Tears brimmed in her eyes while stroking the picture.

 Tears brimmed in her eyes while stroking the picture

Author Notes:

I suck at editing...😭