Ken vs the Pizzaplex (part 9)

Disclaimer: this will mostly be based off of Markiplier's gameplay.

Freddy Fazbear Pizzaplex
Ken's POV
We set off through the shadowy hallway, my flashlight beam never wavering from Freddy's hunched form. I was glad that we were traveling together again and that he knew where he was going, but my relief did nothing to squash my worry for him. He was still limping and holding his middle as if something was truly paining him, yet he kept pushing himself for my sake. He was kind of like Shu with Valt that way.

Only Shu nearly permanently damaged his shoulder pushing himself for Valt's sake, I reminded myself. I hope Freddy doesn't have to do that with me.

Freddy led me through a dizzying maze of halls that made me grateful that he was the one leading. He may have been the injured one, but I still felt myself hurrying to catch up with his sweeping footsteps. More than once, I debated asking him to slow down, but I didn't want to risk putting more strain on him than I probably already was. And if his body was shutting down, it was better if we got to Parts and Service sooner rather than later.

Eventually we came to a short flight of stairs that led up to a nondescript door. Freddy went ahead and opened the door, revealing that we were back in the main atrium, where most of the attractions were; I looked to my left and realized the door had spat us out right next to the stage.

Freddy led the way up a few steps onto the stage, then came to a stop in the center. "Ken, my systems are failing," He told me weakly, looking and sounding exhausted. The hand that wasn't holding his middle lifted to point shakily at the opposite side of the room. "Go to the sound booth on the third floor balcony. Run the performance program on that disk, then meet me back on the stage." His arm dropped like a weight. "Please hurry. You do not have much time. I will wait here."

I eyed the third floor balcony that he'd pointed at, then at the path up to it. The place looked like it had been reserved for a large birthday party - several long tables topped with neat lines of colorful cone hats made a neat grid in front of the stage. Other than a few security bots roaming the spaces between the tables, it didn't look like it was that heavily patrolled. I couldn't see any sign of the other animatronics anywhere.

That being said, this night had taught me that the animatronics are fast, and they can turn up when you least expect them.

I had qualms, but Freddy needed my help. "Alright - save your strength," I told him, placing my hand on his arm in a way I hoped was reassuring. When he said nothing to stop or contradict me, I turned around and jumped off the stage.

Once I was on the floor, I made for the pathway between the party tables. Security bots were making rounds through the pathway, so I had to pause every few feet to let a couple of bots go past before making a break for the next line of tables. The entire time, I kept an eye and an ear out for the other animatronics, positive that they were going to show up any minute. Sure enough, the rough voice of Monty called from somewhere in the otherwise empty room, "Hey kid, come on out. We're only trying to help."

I highly doubt that, but I know you think you're trying to help me, I thought sadly. I didn't know exactly what was going on with the mascots, but the purple computer chip that I'd found in the Security Office had given me a clue - someone was most likely hacking them and convincing them that they were helping return a lost child to its parents.

My heart ached with the hope that they would wake up soon and come to the conclusion that they weren't helping me, but hunting me.

A bright light appeared at the top of my vision. Looking up, I saw that a spotlight had been activated on one of the higher balconies, and it was making a steady trek through the party tables. It probably had a purpose that made the show more enjoyable for the audience, like illuminating a lucky child as they made their way to the stage, having been selected by the animatronics to join them for a song.