Chapter 97: Miss Us!?

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while! I needed a bit of a break from writing every day. It gets to be a lot especially when summer is over. During the summer I was posting big chapters almost every day. But now I think I'm just going to post once a week. I think I'm gonna post each chapter on Mondays. But we only have 3 more chapters after this one. So, thank you all for the support and I'm glad I'm finally back.

Also... this chapter will be a bit shorter. 

(903) Words

(Shashi's POV)

I was taken into a room with a big machine in it. They helped me get up and lay down on the bed. Then everyone left and the machine started making weird noises. The bed moved inside the machine and it started spinning around me.

Doctor- It will only take a minute.

After a minute the doctors turned off the machine and I returned where I started. I attempted to get up on my own, but I still needed a bit of help.

Nurse Stacy- So it looks like it's just a mild concussion.

Shashi- So it's not that bad?

Nurse Stacy- Yes. You will be able to go home tonight. But no driving, no running, just nothing too crazy for your body right now.

Shashi- Okay. Thanks for all the help, Stacy.

Nurse Stacy- That's my job. Now let's get you back to your girlfriend.

Shashi- She's not my girlfriend. At least not officially. I just asked her out today. Why am I telling you this?

Nurse Stacy- You can tell me anything you want! I'm here to help.

Shashi- Thanks, Stacy.

Nurse Stacy- Here we are.

She opened the door and rolled my wheelchair back into my room. Echo was sitting on the bed looking at her phone.

Echo- That was fast! So??

Shashi- Just a concussion.

Echo- Oh thank god!

Nurse Stacy- He will be totally fine. Just needs some rest and he will be as good as new.

Echo- What about his snarky comments?

Nurse Stacy- That I can't fix.

Shashi- Hey!

Nurse Stacy- He will be free to leave in about an hour. So pack up your things and you might want to call a friend to come to pick you up.

Echo- Right. No cars here. I'll call Cisco.

She picked up her phone and called Cisco. Nurse Stacy left as Echo started to explain everything to Cisco.

Echo- So we need you to come here soon to pick us up. Yea. Okay. See you soon. Love ya. Bye.

Shashi- So?

Echo- Their coming.

Shashi- They?

Echo- Cisco and Frostee are coming.

Shashi- Why?

Echo- I don't know. I wasn't gonna ask.

Shashi- Never really can control those two.

Echo- Nope. So... where we're you planning on taking me on our date?

(Cisco's POV)

Echo called me asking to pick her and Shashi up. After we hung up, I filled Frostee in and he decided to come with me to get them.

Frostee- Should we go now?

Cisco- Well Shashi doesn't get discharged for another hour, so, one more lap?

Frostee- You're on!

We got back in our cars and took off towards the city. Weaving in and out of lanes. Frostee had the lead for a bit until I took a different road and cut him off. He caught up behind me two familiar cars flew in from different directions.

Frostee- Woah!

Layla- Hey Y'all!

Tony- Miss us!?

Cisco- Uh yea!

Frostee- Welcome back!

Layla- Now I'm gonna kick all your butts!

She sped off in front of all of us and Tony took off after her. Frostee and I went after them and followed Layla's lead. She went around a bend and started her way back to the river. Tony was hot in her tail. Frostee is a bit behind them and me in dead last. Layla flies past the yellow painted line a split second before Tony. Frostee soon after them and I a few seconds behind him.

Layla- Yea! I win. Again!

Tony- It was close. But I'll give it to you.

Frostee- Finally learn how to take a loss, T?

Tony- Yea.

Layla- He learned from experience.

Cisco- OOO!

Frostee- She got you good.

Tony- How's Shashi?

Cisco- Going to pick him and Echo up in a bit.

Tony- That's good.

Frostee- How was the trip?

Cisco- Romantic???

Layla- Short. Guess we're just not meant to go away. Y'all need us. So we gotta be here for our family.

Tony looked over at Layla with a smirk. It is still kind of weird to hear Layla talk so much about family. But I'm glad she cares so much now.

Frostee- Well, glad your back. We gotta get this mission started!

Tony- Yea. Save those new recruits.

Layla- We got a plan yet?! What's happening?

Cisco- Ms. Nowhere is coming up with the plan.

Layla- How is Ms. Nowhere?

Cisco- Fine.

Layla- I meant about the baby!

Cisco- Oh! Her due date is coming up.

Tony- A new member of the family.

Frostee- I definitely see where Layla got it.

They both smiled and we all started up our cars. We all headed for the hospital because Layla and Tony wanted to check on everyone too. We all started to catch up over the radio.