Chapter 45: The Date

(539) Words

(Layla's POV)

Maria sat me down on the bed and went into the bathroom to grab a brush and comb. She sat down behind me and started braiding my hair. I don't know how this is gonna turn out but I trust Maria.

Maria- And... Done!

I got up and went to the bathroom mirror to see how it looked.

Layla- It looks so good! Thank you!

Maria- Of course! Heeyy!

Layla- What?

Maria- Your boyfriend is here!

Layla- Already? Give me one minute to change my clothes!

Maria- Okay. I'll stall him.

Layla- Hey Maria.

Maria- Yea?

Layla- Thanks!

Maria- You're welcome. Now hurry up!

Layla- Okay!

I put on my red leather jacket that I always wear. Well, I haven't worn it in a little while, but I thought it would make it feel like old times. I tried to run out of my room and totally forgot my stomach was still healing. I slowed down and held the railing tight as I walked down the stairs.

Tony- Hey!

Layla- Hey Toretto!

Tony- You ready?

Layla- Yea! Let's get out of here before my dad comes to give you the "dad talk".

Tony- Okay. Not really in the mood for the dad talk!

He grabbed my hand and we ran outside and got in his car. I turned the radio on and I started to hum along with the song.

Tony- What? Too nervous to actually sing?

Layla- No! I just wasn't gonna burst into song the moment we got in the car!

We pulled out of the driveway and I was curious as to where we were goin.

Layla- So... Where we goin?

Tony- Can you not just wait to see when we get there?

Layla- No!

Tony- Chill out! We'll be there in like 15 minutes.

Layla- Fine.

I started singing along to the music. Toretto looked over at me and smiled.

Layla- What!?

Tony- Nothin.

Layla- You always do this when I sing. Why?

Tony- I like when you sing.

Layla- Well should I keep singing?

Tony- Please!

I started singing again and it finally clicked.

Layla- Are we going to the beach?

Tony- Yea. You figured it out!

Toretto parked the car and helped me out.

Layla- What are we doin at the beach?

Tony- You'll see!

We walked onto the beach and took our shoes off. We walked for about a minute when I saw it. A picnic!

Layla- Toretto!

Layla- Toretto!

Tony- Do you like it?

We sat down on the blanket. There was a basket and candles. The sun was setting and the sky was a million colors. It looked beautiful! The colors from the sky reflected onto the ocean.

Layla- Toretto, it's beautiful!

Tony- Cisco and Frostee helped me set it up, but I came up with the idea.

Layla- Thank you! Tell the guys I said thanks too.

We sat and ate the food. I slowly got up and walked out to the edge of the water. I was watching the sunset and finally realized why my dad went out today and was depressed when he got up. I remembered what day it was. I wish I didn't remember, but sadly I did. And I just ruined our date!