Chapter 36: Trap?

(540) Words

(Tony's POV)

We were locked in a room when the door slowly opened. A guy I have never seen before walked in. He looked mad.

?- Seriously guys? I told you I wanted them here! Not to kidnap them!

Ms. Nowhere- Who are you? Why are we here?

?- I just wanted to get in touch with my sister.

Random Guy- Sorry, Mr. Gray.

Frostee- Mr. Gray? Joey?!

Joey- So she's told you about me.

Tony- Yea. Why did you kidnap us?

Joey- That wasn't the plan. They were just supposed to bring you guys to me. Well, mainly Layla. But clearly, they failed on the main part!

Tony- Layla's on her way. I think.

Echo- What? How?

Tony- I sent her our location.

Just then the door flew open and Layla appeared in the bright light from outside.

Layla- Joey?!

Joey- Layla! You actually came!

Layla took one look at us in handcuffs and walked right up to him and punched him in the face.

All- OOOOHHH!

Layla- Why did you kidnap my family!?

Joey- Great to see you again too!

Layla- I'm serious!

Joey- Okay I didn't do it on purpose! I had some old friends from back in my criminal days help me. They helped me track you down and find you and your new family.

Layla- So why did you track me down in the first place?

Joey- I missed you! You're my sister! I wanted you to meet my new family too!

Layla- You have a new family too?

Joey- Yea! I got married about 2 years ago and I just became a dad 4 months ago!

Layla- You had a baby?

Joey- Yea! You have a niece!

Layla- Really? What's her name?

Tony- Wait, how did you know it was a girl?!

Layla- He said niece, Toretto!

Tony- OHHHHH

Joey- Annie.

I saw tears start to form in Layla's eyes.

Layla- You named your kid after mom!

Joey- Yea. Well, we narrowed it down to Annie or Layla so...

Layla- I love it. It sounds perfect! Hey umm... would you mind letting my friends go?

Joey- Oh yea. Let them go!

The other guys unlocked our cuffs and we walked over to Layla. Layla quickly walked over to me and hugged me super tight. She then tipped her head up a little and kissed me.

Layla- You scared me Toretto! I thought you were in real danger.

Tony- So did I!

We laughed and walked back over to Joey and the crew.

Layla- So do I ever get to meet Annie?

Joey- Of course!

Layla- How about you and your family come by for a visit and you can see dad?

Joey- Wait, dad?

Layla- Yea he is kinda living with me at the moment.

Joey- Is he...

Layla- He's sober. Has been for a little while now. I trust him. He always talks about you. He definitely misses you.

Joey- Then as long as you trust him, we can come over. I just wanna make sure Annie will be safe.

Layla- Yea. So we should probably go... I'll give you my address so you guys can come for a visit when y'all are ready.

Joey- We could come for a quick trip in a few weeks.

Layla- That sounds good. See you then.

Layla turned to Frostee and whispered something in his ear. Something about not needing a phone number. I don't really know what they were talking about. I'm sure Layla will tell me later if it is important.