Chapter 40: You wanted to die!?

(451) words

(Layla's POV)

My brother is coming today! We have everything ready and I am so excited to meet my niece. They should be here soon. I am really trying to forget the fact that I just thought Toretto was dead. But it is hard! I thought my boyfriend died! I was heartbroken. It was one of my biggest fears to come true. Luckily it was just a prank! Jeez. I gotta stop thinking about it!

(1 hour later)

There was a knock at the door and I ran up to open it. There was my brother holding a baby carrier and a woman. A woman I have seen before!

Layla- You!

Joey- Who? Maria? Do you know my sister?

Maria- This is your sister?!

Joey- Yea.

I ran up to Maria and hugged her. I felt the tears fill my eyes and I could tell she was crying on my shoulder.

Joey- How do you know each other?

Maria- It's not my story to tell.

Toretto walked into the room.

Tony- Hey guys!

Joey- hey...

Tony- What's happening? Layla, are you okay?

Layla- I'll tell y'all in a second. Why don't you guys come inside and I can tell you how we met?

We all walked into the living room and sat down.

Layla- So... Umm... A little while after Joey left Shifter, I felt completely alone. I didn't feel like I had anyone to live for. I was sitting on a bench one day downtown, trying to find any reason I should live. And this lady came up to me. She asked if she could sit next to me. Then she started to ask what was wrong. I told her I wanted to die! She told me that she lost her family in a house fire when she was 10. She was never happy again. She wanted to die too, but one day she met this guy that told her that she would find people to live for again. She just had to wait. She said that guy saved her life and they later got in touch again and started dating. And that lady was... Maria!

Maria- Joey was the one who saved my life. And I saved Layla's.

Tony- Really? You wanted to die!?

Layla- Yes. I felt broken and completely and entirely alone! But she convinced me I would find people again. And thank god I believed her! Because I met you!

Tony- And now... I'm the reason you want to live? 

Layla- Well not JUST you. But mostly, yea!

Toretto smiled and grabbed my hand.

Tony- Well I'm glad that you want to live now.

Layla- I would never give this family up for anything. Okay? 

Tony- Aww. I love talking about family.

Layla- That's your thing.

Tony- Well it looks like I'm rubbing off on you.