Chapter 26: What Is Your Name?!

(641) Words

(Layla's POV)

Tony's Grandma walked up to me and asked if she could talk to me.

Grandma- Honey, I want to ask you two something.

Layla- Sure. What is it?

We walked away from everyone else. Well not everyone. Toretto didn't let go of me when I started to walk away.

Grandma- Are you pregnant?

Layla & Tony- WHAT?! NO!!

Layla- Why would you think I am?

Grandma- Well you keep holding your stomach. And Anthony has been super protective of you.

Layla- Yea but I have a reason for it. I just had surgery and Toretto's been super overprotective.

Grandma- Oh. What kind of surgery?

Layla- Umm...bullet removal surgery?

Grandma- Wait, bullet as in you were shot!

Layla- Yea. It happened at work, but I'm fine now!

Toretto leaned around me and whispered in my ear.

Tony- Hey, do you want to meet someone?

Layla- Who?

Tony- Him.

He pointed to a guy around our age.

Layla- Sure.

(Tony's POV)

We walked over to him and he went to introduce himself.

?- Hello.

Layla- Hi.

?- I'm Jacob, but you can just call me Jake.

Layla's face went white and her eyes teared up. Her mouth was wide open and she looked broken.

Tony- Hey, what's wrong?

She said nothing. She turned around and walked as quickly as her stitches would let her.

I followed her and found her sitting in the driver's seat of my car crying.

Layla- I forgot I couldn't drive away.

Tony- Are you okay?

Layla- NO!

Tony- Well do you want to tell me what happened?

Layla- Fine.

Tony- You don't have to if you don't want to.

Layla- No. You deserve to know.

Layla took a second to catch her breath to tell me why she got so upset about my cousin.

Layla- So I grew up with my dad and two older brothers. Joey and Jake. We lost our mom when we were little so our dad had to take care of all 3 of us. It was hard on him so he turned to drinking. He would always come home drunk and he would get mad about nothing. He would get so mad that he would hit my brothers. He never got mad enough to hit me. My brother Jake told him that if he EVER hit me, that was it. We would leave and NEVER come back.

Tony- So what happened next?

Layla- Well one day my brothers were outside and I was inside reading a book. My dad couldn't find my brothers and he started yelling at me. Then he punched me and my brothers heard me crying. They came in and saw he punched me and they got their stuff and we left. Jake drove us to LA. He knew that Joey and I were scared, so he took us to see a race nearby. We had so much fun. It turns out that it was a shifter race. Shashi won and the guy who came in second got really mad. He pulled a gun out on Shashi. The security came and grabbed him. But they turned him toward us. Jake stood in front of Joey and me. Then we heard a loud bang. There was screaming and crying and running. Then it was like a light switch went off in his brain. My brother just fell, right on Joey and me.

Tony- Oh Layla!

Layla- I had to watch my brother die!

She was in tears now.

Tony- Layla. I had no idea! I am so sorry that happened. I didn't know that meeting Jake would do this to you!

Layla- It's fine. I'll be fine. I just... need some time.

Tony- Okay.

Layla got out of the car and climbed into the back seat. I went around and got in the back next to her. She laid her head on my chest and let out a loud sigh.

Layla- Toretto.

Tony- Yea?

Layla- Give me 5 minutes and we can go back in.

Tony- Alright. However long you need.

Layla- Thanks Toretto.

Tony- Of course, baby.