Chapter 31: Blackmail

Marc came back a few minutes later with our drinks.

"Where is Sergi?" he asked confused.

"He wanted to call home, but he forgot his phone so I lent him mine," I said.

"Ah okay," Marc said and handed me a glass of champagne. He put Sergi's drink next to us on a table.

"Eric!" Marc yelled.

"Hey guys!" he smiled brightly.

"Where have you been bro?" Marc asked and hugged him.

"I took a small nap in the hotel and missed the bus" he grinned.

"Hey Eric," I said.

He smiled and hugged me.

"Hey Olive, you look stunning" he winked.

"Thanks," I said, giggling.

We talked about the match and my photography session when Sergi returned.

"Thanks, Olive, here," he said and handed me back my phone.

"No problem," I said.

Sergi took his drink and greeted Eric. We stood there chatting and having a good time when a beautiful brunette appeared next to us.

"Hi" she smiled.

Marc looked like he had seen a ghost and it kind of scared me.

"M-Melissa?" he stuttered.

"Hey Marc" she smiled.

"Hi, Melissa," Eric said and hugged her.

She hugged Sergi too. It seemed like she knew them for a long time. I stood there awkwardly because no one introduced me to her.

"Hi I'm Melissa," she said, offering me her hand.

"I'm Olivia," I said, shaking her hand.

Marc stood there like a statue.

"Marc?" I said, rubbing his hand softly.

He smiled faintly at me and the atmosphere was suddenly awkward.

"So what are you doing here Melissa?" Sergi asked, breaking the silence.

"I was invited" she smiled.

"Not covering the party are you?" Sergi joked.

She shook her head and giggled.

"Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom" Marc suddenly said.

I decided to ask him what was going on when he returned because his behavior was odd all of a sudden. Eric and Sergi chatted with Melissa and I felt a little left out. I finished my glass of champagne and excused myself to get another. I stood at the bar, without ordering anything.

"Olive baby!" Thais squealed, appearing out of nowhere.

"Come, let's dance," she said, pulling me to the dancefloor.

I wanted to protest, but maybe dancing wouldn't be such a bad idea I thought. She took my hands and started dancing and at first, I was dancing awkwardly, but then I got into the rhythm of the music and danced with her. I wanted to forget about the letter and Marc's strange behavior when Melissa appeared. I knew she meant something to him, it was a gut feeling. I started to sweat as we were both going a bit crazy on the dancefloor.

"I need a drink" I panted.

"Me too!" she yelled.

She pulled me with her to the bar. She ordered some red-looking cocktail for the both of us.