Chapter 66: Regret

[ 2 weeks later ]

"PUTA!" I yelled as I missed yet another goal.

The cameras had surely captured me cursing, but it hadn't been the first time anyway so I didn't care. We won the game against Celta due to Mathieu's goal, which we were really happy about, but I wasn't happy. My performance and concentration levels were nowhere near what they used to be.

Football has been my passion since I was a small child, but that passion seemed to have been dimmed. I never saw football as my profession since I enjoyed playing football that much. These days it started to feel like a profession however and I didn't like that feeling at all. I tried my best to keep a smile on my face for my family, friends, and the outside world. I used to be that happy, cheerful guy who didn't have a care in the world, but I felt like I had changed a lot in the past 2 weeks. I wasn't depressed or truly unhappy, but there was this empty feeling inside my heart and that feeling intensified when I lay alone in bed at night. I could have filled my bed with a beautiful girl or 5 beautiful girls to keep me company, but sêx wasn't what I wanted anymore. I sighed and took a few gulps from my beer bottle as I tried to focus on my Fifa game.

[ Marc's POV ]

Whenever I saw Neymar at training, it made my blood boil. I played it cool, however, because I didn't want to screw up my profession. I didn't get a lot of playtime during matches, to begin with, and that caused me a lot of stress. I didn't need the Neymar bullshit on top of that.

I hadn't talked with Thais since that disgusting day. It has been 2 weeks already. Our baby was 7 months old now and I felt guilty for punishing him because of his mother. It was my baby boy growing inside her after all and he needed his father. I decided to finally contact her.

[ Thais' POV ]

2 weeks and nothing. No message, no call, no nothing.

They hated me and I deserved all of it. I cried myself to sleep every night and the only thing that kept me alive was my baby boy growing inside of me. I have thought of ending my life so many times, but I didn't go through with it because of my baby. But the past couple of days the dark thoughts took over and there was no one to stop me.

I was staring out of my hotel room window when my phone rang and startled me. I looked at the caller-id and my heart stopped for a second. I picked up without knowing what I would say to him.

"Thais?"

"Yes," I whispered.

"I want to talk," he said

"Marc, I'm sorry for everything! I miss you!" I ranted without thinking properly.

"Stop your filthy act! I only called for my baby!" he said coldly.

"I'm sorry Marc, I really am!" I cried.

"You not only blackmailed me and Melissa, but you hurt her physically! The worst thing is that you seduced me on purpose. Didn't you?!" he hissed.

"I know that you are mad and I know I have done horrible things, but I realize and understand my mistakes now," I whispered as tears streamed down my face like waterfalls.

"It's a little too late for that," he said.

"Marc, I love you," I said desperately.

"Love? Do you even know what love is?" he scoffed.

"Please, forgive me," I pleaded.

"I'll never forgive you for what you did to me! I hope my son has none of your characteristics! You are disgusting!" he yelled in anger.