Chapter 36: The morning after

I woke up spontaneously the next morning. I yawned and ran my fingers through my messy hair. My eyes adjusted to the light in the room. My brain functioned normally a few seconds later and I remember last night. It sent a shiver over my whole body. I looked for her next to me, but I found an empty bed. My heart pounded suddenly because I panicked that this all had been a dream or something. I jumped out of bed, realizing I was fully naked. I wrapped the bed sheet around my waist and walked out of the bedroom.

The living room of the suite was empty. Had this really been a dream? That was not possible, a dream could have never been this good! I clenched my fists in anger and felt like screaming out loud. I remember that I hadn't checked the bathroom and quickly walked to the bathroom door. It was closed, so I put my ear against it. I heard the shower run inside and sighed with relief.

I went back to the bedroom and sat on the bed. The images of last night flashed through my mind and I smiled like an idiot to myself. I finally felt how sore my body felt. My muscles hurt like I have had an extreme workout session. I smirked, remembering where this pain was coming from.

I heard the bathroom door open and though I wanted to get up and walk over to her, I decided not to. She entered the bedroom and saw me sitting on the edge of the bed. She looked tired and there was a small limp in her step. She was wearing the same dress she wore last night.

"Good morning," I mumbled because I didn't really know what to say to her.

"Morning," she said, fumbling with her fingers like she was nervous.

The sudden fear that she forgot everything about last night hit me again. I got up from the bed.

"Olive, you..." I mumbled, struggling to find the right words.

"I remember," she said like could read my mind.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I stood there awkwardly and so did she.

"We should go back to the hotel," she said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah."

"There are fresh towels in the bathroom if you want to take a shower or something," she suggested.

"Thanks, let me get a quick shower."

I walked to the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I spotted a big hickey near my Tudo Passa tattoo. I turned around and saw the scratch marks she left on my back last night. I bit my lip and threw the bed sheet onto the floor.

I hopped into the shower. The water felt so good on my skin. I washed my body and hair quickly and got out of the shower. I found clean towels and used one to dry myself. I wrapped the other around my waist and walked out of the bathroom.

The bedroom was empty. I decided to skip my stained briefs and wore my jeans without them. I pulled my t-shirt over my head. I walked back to the bathroom and fixed my hair quickly using my hands. When I was done I went to the living room and found her waiting for me on the couch. I took a seat next to her.

"Olive, are you okay?" I asked.

She looked at me and nodded.

"You?" she asked.

"I'm okay," I said. "Are we okay?" I asked, carefully.

"We need to talk, but not right now. I'm going to tell Marc everything first" she said.

[ Olivia's POV-earlier that morning ]

I woke up in his arms, but he was deep asleep. I didn't want to wake him, so I removed his arms gently and got out of bed. I felt the muscle pain and the soreness in between my legs immediately. I groaned silently and grabbed my clothes off the floor. I limped to the bathroom and locked the door. I threw my torn panties in the trash. I decided to wash my body.