Chapter 40: Letting go

He looked embarrassed and guilty.

"Is that how you cope with your problems? By sleeping it away?" I scoffed.

He stared at me in disbelief.

"Olive, no," he said.

"Right," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I tried to get over you" he sighed.

"By sleeping with random people?" I asked.

"Yes, I mean no" he mumbled.

"You should leave now," I said.

"You don't understand Olive. I was going crazy without you and seeing you so happy with him only made it worse" he sighed.

"Well I guess you must be happy now then," I said.

"Why are you being like this? Why are you trying to hurt me?" Neymar asked.

"I'm sorry" I sighed.

I was just so fed up with everything at the moment.

"I know that you are hurting Olive and if there's anything I can do please let me know," he said softly.

"Can you turn back time?" I asked fighting back my tears.

Neymar wrapped his arms around me like he knew I needed it. I smelled his familiar cologne and it soothed me a bit. I rested my head on his shoulders and we stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Neymar placed a warm, soft kiss on my temple where he had punched me. He stroked my back softly, which felt good. I freed myself from his arms.

"I'm tired," I said.

I didn't want to give him false hope and hurt him. He should move on and find his happiness with someone else. I couldn't take advantage of him to heal my broken heart.

"I'll leave then" he mumbled.

"Good night," I said.

"Good night Olive," he said.

He took my hands into his and pulled me closer. He cupped my face and kissed me on the lips, taking me by surprise.

"What the hell are you doing?" I gasped and pushed him away.

"I-I'm sorry" he stuttered.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys today? You think you have the right to kiss a girl anywhere, anytime without permission, don't you? You think you can just press your lips onto mine and everything will be alright! Do you or that bastard even care about me and my feelings?" I yelled.

Neymar looked shocked.

"Olive, I'm really sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you" he said.

"Get out," I said.

Neymar looked hurt, but he left my room without saying anything. I felt bad after he left, but I was just so angry. Marc thinks he can just kiss me as if nothing happened and Neymar did the same thing. I was here struggling to get through the day with a bleeding heart and these two just fûck with my heart and mind even more. I punched my pillow in frustration. I suddenly heard another knock on my door.

"What?" I yelled.

"Olive, it's me," Adrian said.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked.

"I want to talk," he said and entered without my permission.

"Adrian I'm not in the mood to fight with you so please just leave" I sighed.

"Olive, I heard you yell at Neymar. Did he do anything?" he asked, concerned.

"No," I said.

"Are you alright? Olive I know I haven't been around much, but I'm your brother and I want to be there for you" he said.