Chapter 1: The hike

Disclaimer
This story was written in 2014-2015 (first on Instagram and then edited to post on Wattpad) and has been edited throughout the years. The story is not at its full potential and will be reviewed in the future.

---

I finally had summer holidays, not that I had any major plans. I quit college because I sucked at studying. My parents knew this would eventually happen, so they weren't really surprised to hear that I dropped out. You could call me street-smart because I learned by observing and from people rather than from professors and books.

I'm currently contemplating getting into photography because I loved taking pictures with my professional Canon camera. My parents were wealthy, not too wealthy, but wealthy enough to let me choose whatever I wanted to study or do. They worried little about me because they knew I would eventually find my way in life.

I had a stupid elder brother, whom I hated and loved. His name is Adrian, and he is 25 years old, 2 years older than me. He is friends with Piqué and Jordi Alba, yes those famous football players in the Spanish national team who also play for FC Barcelona. He studied with them at college or something. Adrian hung out with them during the summer mainly because that's when they were on holiday and off from training.

I found Piqué and Jordi cute, but my brother would tease me to death if he heard that, and besides Piqué was already taken. Adrian already knew that I had a major crush on Marc Bartra, who also plays in the Spanish national team and for FC Barcelona, and teased me about it.

We lived in the heart of Barcelona, so that's why I knew a little about football and some football players. I wished my brother was close friends with Marc too though because I'd like to tap that ass, well pardon my language. I've met Marc a few times in the past but my brother ruined all our encounters by teasing me and making everything awkward. I told you I hated him.

"Olive, have you seen my bag pack?" I heard Adrian's annoying voice shouting from his room.

"Yes, it's in the trashcan, and stop calling me an olive, it's Olivia!" I said, dryly.

I heard him laugh and rolled my eyes. I could be very sarcastic and rude in the morning, especially when I didn't get enough sleep.

"Are you ready yet? I'm leaving!" he yelled.

"Yes, an hour ago," I groaned.

"Why did I agree to this again?" I asked while getting in the passenger seat of his old Opel.

"Because you need money for a new Canon lens or something and you get to hang out with us," he grinned.

"Right," I said in a sarcastic tone.

I did need the money though because Canon interchangeable lenses were freaking expensive and I was broke at the moment. I didn't like asking my parents for money. That's why I usually got a job during the holidays. This summer I was a little late with the summer job hunt, however, so I didn't find anything.

I agreed to play the professional photographer for a hiking trip my bro planned with his friends. He was paying me almost 60$ for it, so I thought why not maybe there would be some cute guys there too! I didn't ask who was coming because I knew he would make some smartass remark about it.

I turned on the radio and hummed along to cheerful summer songs. We arrived at our destination in 50 minutes. It was a forest-like place on the outskirts of Barcelona. He parked the car in between some sports cars. I got out of the car and stretched my legs. I was glad that I was wearing my Nike sneakers because it looked like this hike was going to be long and exhausting.