Chapter 22: Ice cream

The first day of my internship ended at 5 pm and I felt tired, but also happy and satisfied. Alberto was a nice man who was supportive and helpful. He gave me constructive feedback so I could improve and I was looking forward to the upcoming days. The guys seemed to have left because no one was on the field anymore. I walked out of Camp Nou and decided to take the bus back home. I saw the familiar Audi R8 parked nearby and saw Neymar waving at me. I walked over to him.

"I'll drive you home if you'd like" he offered.

I nodded and got in his car.

"Are you okay?" he asked while driving.

"Not really, I still feel weird about that argument I had with Marc at the restaurant. I'm sorry by the way that you had to witness that" I sighed.

"It's alright Olive, you don't have to apologize for that," he said.

"Do you think I overreacted?" I asked.

"Well, it's true that fans can get clingy and give you the weirdest things, like panties and all" Neymar said. "But I guess he could have said he had someone or made it clear by kissing you or something" Neymar added.

"What would you have done?" I asked.

"I would have kissed you and made clear to her that I was taken," he said, keeping his eyes on the road.

I sighed.

"I feel bad Neymar...it was our first argument or fight or however you want to call it" I sighed.

"Make it up then," he said.

"I already apologized to him for my behavior...should I apologize again, though I felt like I had the right to say what I had to say?" I asked.

"You don't have to apologize if you don't want to, but you both should talk about the issue," Neymar said.

I sighed again.

"Hey, fights happen in a relationship...it'll be alright," he said.

"Thanks, Neymar for being here," I said, rubbing his arm.

"I knew you needed someone to talk to, that's why I waited for you," he said.

"You are very attentive Mr. Lupo" I giggled.

"The things I do for you baby Olive" he smirked.

"Want to have ice cream?" Neymar asked.

"Yes!" I said.

He chuckled and parked the car near a mall. Neymar wore a snapback and his sunglasses and opened the car door for me. He offered me his hand and I took it. He led me to an ice cream parlor.

"I'll order for you" he winked.

He ordered for us both and handed me this big cone with 3 scoops of ice cream.

"Neymar, this is too much" I gasped.

"Try it, it's the best ice cream in Barcelona" he chuckled, licking his ice cream cone.

We walked to this park nearby and sat on a bench, enjoying our ice creams. Neymar suddenly grabbed my cone from my hands.

"Hey!" I yelled.

He licked my ice cream cone.

"I'm taking this," he smirked.

"I thought you ordered the same for us?" I frowned.

He shook his head and handed me his ice cream cone.

"This better taste good," I glowered.

I licked it and it tasted exactly the same.