Chapter 28: Moving on

[ Neymar's POV ]

This night was indescribable for words. I haven't felt this happy in years or probably ever in my life. It felt like heaven sleeping next to her, hugging her, and feeling her little body next to mine. I felt high just by smelling her hair, drunk just by touching her skin...she was driving me insane tonight and I wanted to make her mine more than ever. I knew we had this otherworldly connection, but she denied it and kept denying it. But tonight, I could feel she was trying even harder to resist and deny whatever she felt. When she moaned, I knew what her body wanted. I knew she was attracted to me. I was really restricting myself from doing what I really wanted to do. I wasn't able to keep my mouth shut, however. I wanted her to admit whatever she felt for me, but she didn't. It drove me insane to the point where I just asked if I should leave because I couldn't take this anymore. When she said she didn't want me to leave, I froze for a second. My mind, body, and heart battled with each other. I wanted to stay and make love to her, but my conscience knew that it was wrong. She was his!

"What the hell am I doing?!" I yelled in frustration and jumped out of bed.

It startled her because she looked shocked. She looked like she wanted to say something, but nothing came out of her mouth and she just stared at me. I quickly ran into the bathroom, grabbed my half-wet clothes from the heater, and wore them on. I came back to the bedroom.

"Neymar...w-where are you going?" she stuttered.

"I'm so selfish, I should have never come. I only wanted to satisfy my needs and I didn't care about who I'm hurting in the progress. I know you love Marc and he loves you too. He is like a brother to me...and you, Olive...my feelings for you may be strong and hard to control, but I don't want to do anything to hurt you. I don't want to destroy your relationship with Marc. I almost made a huge mistake tonight and I'm sorry Olive...please forgive me" I said with a cracking voice.

She just stared at me, without saying anything.

"I loved tonight, every second of it and I honestly wished I didn't get up from that bed, but my conscience and my heart know that it's wrong. I can't do that to you or Marc. Please forgive me...please...please forgive this selfish guy who fell for the girl who loves another" I whispered, while tears welled up in my eyes.

She wanted to get up from the bed, probably to comfort me but I gestured for her to stop. 

"Don't...I'm leaving. I won't put you in such a situation anymore. I'll get over it....I'll try at least. Bye Olive, thanks for everything" I started sobbing and ran out of her room.

[ Olive's POV ]

I was in a state of shock and just sat there on my bed, feeling numb. I buried my face in my hands and tears automatically rolled over my cheeks.

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning. I had a huge headache from the crying and I looked like crap. I grabbed some casual clothing and threw them on and left my hair quite messy since I didn't feel like doing any effort. I grabbed my bag and walked out, without having breakfast. I took the bus to Camp Nou, took a deep breath, and entered the stadium. I saw some of the guys warming up already. I suddenly felt firm arms around my waist, startling me. I felt a warm kiss on the back of my neck and turned around.

"Hey, babe" Marc smiled.

"Marc," I said like I hadn't expected him or something.

"Of course, it's me, who else" he chuckled. "God I missed you yesterday," he said, hugging me tightly.

"I've missed you too Marc" I whispered, weakly.

"What's wrong?" Marc immediately asked, cupping my face.