Chapter V: Act I

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Outlander
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"So... what you're trying to say is that you fell here from another world?" A fairy-like figure asked, tilting their head a bit in confusion.

Golden brown eyes closed as their owner remembered what had happened to get them and their sibling taken away from each other.

"But when you wanted to leave and go on to the next world, your path was blocked by some unknown god?"

A pair of twins could be seen stopping mid-universe jump by a huge star-like portal.

"Outlanders, your journey ends here." A god with long white hair and amber eyes states while throwing her hand off to the side.

A girl with short blonde locks and long fringes gasped as she took a step forward to this god.

"Who are you?" The girl asked while standing beside her twin brother.

"The sustainer of heavenly principles. The arrogation of mankind ends now," the god states as she summons a cube around the two.

The two siblings gave a quick side glance before jumping out of the way.

Gold and white luminescent wings appeared on the twin's backs.

Blades materialized in both of the sibling's hands as the two stared at the god with a weary stare.

Loud clashes were heard as both blondes went straight at the god head-on.

Extending her arm, the god allowed a multitude of cubes to head straight at the twins.

The god held a blank look as they kept the cubes coming.

Both of the twins did their best to dodge the cubes by flying between them while moving closer to the god that stopped them in their tracks.

A large explosion rattled and vibrated the surrounding area which wasn't much.

As the smoke cleared up, the siblings could be seen with cubes swallowing up their figures, slowly.

"Lumine!" The blonde-haired boy shouted in worry while struggling away from the cubes, reaching out to his sister.

Lumine's eyes shimmered in horror as the cubes swallowed her fully.

"Wait, don't go! Give my sister back!"

"And just like that, the god took away my sister. Some kind of seal was cast upon me, and I lost my power. So while we used to travel from world to world, we are now trapped here." The blonde boy explained to his fairy-like companion.

Aether sighed heavily as he drew in the sand with a stick he was able to scavenge up near their campsite.

He gazed quietly at the cubes and the god he had drawn before shaking his head.

"How many years ago was it? I don't know... but I intend to find out. When I woke up, I was all alone - until I met you two months ago..." Aether states while glancing over at his companion.

The fairy-like figure giggled nervously. "Yeah, Paimon owes you for that. Otherwise, Paimon likely would have drowned... so, Paimon will do her best to be a great guide!" Paimon declared proudly, placing closed fists onto her hips.

Aether's eyes widened a bit before softening a bit.

"We should head off. Let's get going!" Paimon chirped before flying off.