Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Tim Dallas POV

She was stunning. I couldn't get her off my mind. Those enticing doe eyes were so innocent and full of warmth and feeling, and possibly a little mischief. She was so incommensurable from anyone I had ever encountered. Her face held a salubrious glow, and that smile could effortlessly illuminate the room.

I burned with jealousy every time I saw her in someone else’s arms. She danced and laughed gaily, pretending to avoid my every stare. I knew I had to dance with every woman unfortunately. My mother continued to remind me of this very fact.

"Who have you been staring at all night?”

 My younger brother Jake was peering over my shoulder. "No one, nothing" I began to walk over to Lilly Wren, the last girl I needed to dance with before I could go find Elizabeth without being scolded by my mother.

"Elizabeth Weathers, that's who you have been watching,”

"So, she’s pretty I can't admire pretty girls?”

 "I’m just surprised that’s all.”

“Why is that so surprising?”

“You and Derek don’t usually chase after the same female company.”

“Derek is with Elizabeth?”

"She left with Derek, someone just saw her. He took her to the stables. We all know what that means.” He gave me a knowing look and light laugh.

"Maybe someone else, Elizabeth wouldn't leave with Derek. We agreed to dance further tonight.”

 "Sorry Tim, I don’t enjoy bringing grievous news.”

 "Why was he invited anyway?”

“I wanted him here. Besides, it’s not really a party without Derek.”

My brother of course wanted to spend time with someone that was pure trouble. I usually kept my distance. “By the way Jake you have lipstick at the corner of your mouth. Don't want to let mom catch you with that.”

He grinned deviously, and wiped it off as he went and tried to dance with some charming girl. I couldn’t stop thinking about how Elizabeth just left. Maybe she wasn't so innocent after all. How could I allow myself to be distracted by such a woman?

She played on my moment of weakness. This was probably just a game. She was like the rest of those catty girls. Manners were becoming a lost art among societies youth. I wasn't sure if the information was true or not, but my pride made me forget about the angelic beauty who had captivated my attentions. “Women,” I scoffed under my breath. Then I turned and left.