They Don't Know About Us: Third Year Part 18

Chapter 18:

The morning of the young princess's thirteenth birthday arrives. Leith wakes first and begins stretching his flying lizard body. He looks over to see his mother still sleeping while laying on her right side in her human form.

He nuzzles her pale face, gently shaking her awake. Leith watches her mother stirring in her slumber before fully waking up.

"Morning, sweet creature," she greets sleepily with a smile. "Did you have sweet nightmares?" The young magical creature princess pets his head and scratches his chin. The purring-like growls tell his motherly figure Leith did have sweet nightmares. "Awesome, let's go get ready for the day and see if the flower grew."

Leith nods his head.

They both get ready with their usual morning routine.

Princess Phoenix wraps a black towel around her ultra-pale body as she towel-dries her medium grey/black locks. She looks at her grey vanity with an antique mirror. The simple, minimal makeup paints her face and she uses the burned cloves to make a dark line on her eyelids where they met the lashes.

Once her makeup finishes, the birthday girl places on her undergarments and then puts on a black undershirt and black leggings. For her birthday, Princess Phoenix decides on a beautiful charcoal grey long-sleeved dress with black floral designs. Her princess tiara sits perfectly within her hair.

"Alright, let's go, Leith," she smiles at her firedrake.

Leith growls happily.

They head out into the snow where the two are greeted by a beautiful sight. Where the young princess and creature plant the seeds, a small pile of fresh green frosted leaves hold two flowers. The flowers have five white petals surrounding the much smaller yellow pollen bulbs.

She immediately what kind of flower it is. Her dusty eyes widen in shock as her ears warm. It's one of Princess Phoenix's favorite flowers - the Christmas rose!

"But, I don't understand," realization hits her hard. The young girl lowers her head sadly and is confused. "Could he possibly care for me more than best friends?" Princess Phoenix grew up believing in possibilities in every situation and seeing this beautiful gift from a demon brings tears lining her eyes.

"Why are you crying, young one?" a female voice speaks from a small distance.

The voice startles the mother/son duo because they have never heard such a voice before. She slowly rises onto her bare feet and turns her head to one side.

In a small distance, there stands a full-grown black wolf staring back at them with big dark pink eyes. Her eyes could stare deep within their souls, but behind those hues, Princess Phoneix noticed there lies a playful-like, kind soul.

The wolf sees the nature-made tiara resting on top of the girl's head and bows to her. "My greatest apologies, your highness," she says, bowing. "It did not recognize you."

"It is alright, dear wolf," Princess Phoenix answers her. "What do I owe this visit?" she asked, curtsies.

"I am here on the behalf of your mother, her majesty, Queen Eilidh," the wolf explains. "I am known as Claire, the Emberson Family's pet wolf for many years before being promoted as the head of your father's army, King Serpent."

"A play on a clabbert," the young girl smirks a bit. "What is the reason that you are summoned?" she asked as Leith climbs onto her shoulder.

"I have news about Lord Voldemort's current whereabouts," the news excites the magical creature princess. It's something to focus on for the time being.

"Come, let's take you inside for some warmth and plans."

"Yes, Princess Phoenix," Claire nods her head.

Queen Eilidh hums a tune while cooking her daughter's favorite breakfast in her beautiful spacious kitchen. She enjoys cooking and baking the most while maintaining a household, a desire she had since childhood, but always gets punished for doing a house elf's work.

The tune disappears when she hears the front door opening. She looks to see her daughter returning home with her faithful companion and a very familiar creature she hasn't seen in years! "Claire?" Queen Eilidh asked, but then a huge smile curled on her face. "Claire! It's been so long!" she exclaims happily, running towards the wolf, hugging her.

"Indeed, it has been too long, Ellie!" The black wolf accepts the hug happily. "Where is your husband? I have brought news from my mission."

"That's brilliant! Serpent should be returning home from his daily sweep of the forest."

Princess Phoenix allows the smirk on her lips to curl. The family loves a good reunion between two partners.

The smells of chocolate chip crepes water everyone's mouths. Everyone always looks forward to the queen's cooking and for great reason.

King Serpent, in his human form, sits at the head of the table with his beloved queen sitting on his left as his daughter sits on his right. Leith happily eats his food in his bowl and Claire eats her rare meat across from him.

"First of all, Happy Birthday, my little girl," the king smiles at his daughter, his pride and joy.

"Thank you, Daddy!" she smiles back. "Still no potential suitors yet, but still getting to know some people more." She then takes a sip of her dragon's milk.

"Good girl," he says, secretly relieved she isn't growing up too fast. "We will continue with your birthday celebrations throughout the day."

"Yes, Daddy."

"Claire, status report," his attention turns towards the wolf.

"As we heard from the first war, Lord Voldemort lost his physical form and magical powers," Claire begins. "My hearing picked up some sort of rumors from the shadows about his soul wondering on physical grounds, especially in the last few years."

"I've received a letter from him from my first year," the young princess adds. "There was no source of a sender."

"Splitting the mind is a very dangerous practice," Queen Eilidh firmly tells her daughter and firedrake.

"That explains why," Claire comments, remembering something. "There was a few year period where I wasn't able to locate the source, but somehow I located where his soul was roaming recently."

"Where was his soul roaming?" King Serpent asked, being serious.

"Alania's forest," the wolf answers.

"At least, he's far from us," the queen mumbles under her breath.

Princess Phoenix watches her mother sadly, knowing the subject of the family can be sensitive at times.