They Don't Know About Us: Third Year Part 8

Chapter 8:

"Why was Draco my Boggart as well?" was the one question running through Princess Phoenix's head. She's staring up at the ceiling of her dorm.

It's late at night. Usually, during this hour, Malfoy would be in the Slytherin girl's dorm playing Wizard Chess, drinking Dragon's Milk, and eating cauldron cakes. They will talk about their day or work on some homework. A smile curls on her lips when countless times when the handsome blond boy was demanding a rematch, refusing to lose.

"Ugh!" she growls to herself. "Draco Lucius Malfoy is a demon who charmed you with a smile!" the young princess has to remind herself.

Suddenly, a knock appears at the door, surprising the princess and magical creature.

Princess Phoenix sets aside the thought of it being Draco while heading over to the door. The secret princess answers and freezes in her place when she sees her visitor.

"Hello, Phoenix," Mabuz greets the younger girl with a smile.

"H-Hello, M-Mabuz," she greets back shyly. "H-How did you get in here?" Boys aren't allowed in the girls' dorms unless they are invited.

"May I come in?" he avoided her question and asked her one.

"S-Sure," Princess Phoenix answers, opening the door for him.

The older male enters the dorm room and immediately pets the firedrake with a smile on the bed. "You're growing strong, little one," Mabuz comments on the little creature while smiling.

A blush warms her pale cheeks when she sees the parent-like instincts of the student-professor. "Lieth regularly eats three times a day with an occasional snack while having enough fresh air and exercise," Princess Phoenix tells him shyly.

"That's great to hear!" Mabuz smiles big at the secret princess. "You are a good mother for him."

"Th-Thank you."

"You seem to be stressed about something, Miss Phoenix," he reminds her, looking at the young Slytherin in concern. "You didn't pay a lot of attention during class."

"My apologies, it is just someone who used to be my best friend turned out to be someone I don't recognize anymore," she answers softly, looking down sadly.

Mabuz continues looking at her, worried. Then he gently takes her pale hand in his lightly tanned hand. "Everything's going to be okay," he whispers, smiling.

Princess Phoenix can feel her pale cheeks warming at the touch and his kind words. She looks back at him in his eyes. They are so deep and dark that the young princess is drawn more and more into them.

Mabuz stares back with her dusty eyes.

Slowly they begin leaning closer. She feels her lips pricking and her eyes slowly closing. He is just about to kiss her when he smirks and kisses her cheek instead, surprising her.

"Pleasent night, Miss Pheonix," Mabuz winks before leaving the room.

Leith watches him leave and turns back to his mother. He notices her being so bashfully around the older male, almost as if she's.....being spelled? The tiny eyes narrow at this.

Meanwhile, back in the Slytherin boys' dorms, Draco sighs, angry with himself as he flops backward on his bed. He's all along in his dorm, just like it has always been since Year 1. The deep feelings for Princess Phoenix are eating him inside. The only person who can help in this situation is his mother, Narcissa.

Malfoy sits up and heads over to his desk, where the finished homework lies. He moves them to the side to pull a new piece of parchment and his quill.

"Dear Mother,

I have messed up big time. Do you know about the "attack" from the Hippogriff and the council being involved? My jealousy caused the creature to attack me because I didn't respectfully approach him.

Phoenix overheard me ultimately agreeing to the faith of Buckbeak. She's very heartbroken. I deeply hurt her, but I don't know how to gain her trust again.

Mother, what should I do? I......I really like her a lot.

Sincerely yours,

Your son, Draco."

He'll send the letter out first thing in the morning. Hopefully, Draco's mother will have a solution to his problem.