They Don't Know About Us: Third Year Part 7

Chapter 7:

Beautiful flowers gleam in the light of the dawn hours and slowly begin to wither. Its dew freezes, the grass grows brittle. The Dementors sweep by. Unfortunately, the young princess's mood doesn't match the happy atmosphere.

She didn't have much of an appetite for breakfast. She doesn't feel her best since finding out she was charmed by a demon.

Draco looks over, still feeling guilty for hurting his love. He knows a simple apology wouldn't help anything. Grey eyes watch her walk away kind of coldly.

Princess Phoenix sighs sadly when she enters the corridor.

"Are you alright, your highness?" a soft, familiar female voice speaks from behind her.

She turns around to see her dear friend Luna Lovegood and her newest friend from last year, Ginny Weasley. "Greetings, Luna and Giniava," the magical creature princess greets them calmly.

"Are you alright?" Ginny repeats the question.

"I was charmed by a demon, something I try to avoid at all costs in life," Princess Phoenix sighs. "How can I be so stupid?"

"Now, why such words?" Luna asked, walking closer.

"Because he was someone I strongly cared about, but to learn that he was a demon, it was too much," Princess Phoenix sighs.

"Good afternoon, ladies," Mabuz walks over, greeting them with a smile. "Hello, Miss Emberson."

"Greeting, Mabuz," Princess Phoenix greets back, almost shyly.

Her two best friends see this and smirk at each other.

"Please, pardon us, Mabuz, but Ginny and I need to head to the library," Luna tells them with a soft smile before tugging on Ginny's arm.

The ginger smiles and waves at the secret princess before heading in the direction of the library.

"What was that about?" Mabuz asked, a bit confused.

"Your guess is good as mine," Princess Phoenix answers, confused as well. "I-Is there something y-you need, Mr. Burrough?" she asked, now getting all shy around the young professor assistant.

"Oh, please, call me Mabuz, Phoenix," he tells her with a devilish smirk. "I have come to notice that you are not happy. What is wrong, my dear?" The young man gently caresses her pale cheek.

The touch warms her cheeks a little. "M-My ex-best friend was a demon this whole time. He charmed me with a sm-smile," the secret princess admits with tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, my lady." Mabuz gently wipes away the fallen tears. "You can always come to me if you are having some problems with boys."

"That's very kind of you, Mabuz. I shall keep that in mind," she smiles softly.

"What do you have next for class?"

"Defence Against the Dark Arts."

"May I walk you to class, my lady?" Mabuz asked with a smirk while bowing to her like a gentleman.

"I would like that very much," Princess Phoenix smiles shyly while curtsies.

The older gentleman offers an arm as he escorts her towards her next class.

Along their way towards the first Defense Against Dark Arts class with Professor Lupin, Draco stands near the entrance with some Slytherin friends. He notices the young princess with the new professor assistant smiling shyly and giggling a little at whatever he just said—hurt, confusion, anger, jealousy, and begging mixed in his eyes.