They Don't Know About Us: Third Year Part 15

Chapter 15:

Princess Phoenix's classes are done for the day, and she's waiting for Draco outside of the library so they can finish up their homework and study for the finals before the Winter Holidays. Yes, she still feels a little weird towards him, but at least she will have her male best friend back.

Luna and Ginny had some things to do today, so that they won't be joining us.

"Well, well, well," the most annoying voice of a very familiar Slytherin female speaks. "What do we have here?"

"Not now, Parkinson," Emberson sighs as the short black-haired witch appears before the secret princess. "Draco and I are going to finish on home-"

"Bloody hell! You know that I hate you being with my Draco!"

"Listen here, Parkinson," Princess Pheonix glares at her, calmly speaking. "You don't own Draco, and he doesn't own you. If anything, I own him because he's my best friend."

"Miss Parkinson, enough!" the familiar voice of a particular male yells out in anger.

Mabuz walks forward, glaring at the young Slytherin girl, changing the whole atmosphere.

"Oh, Professor Mabuz!" Pansy changes into an "innocent" dismal in distress. "It was horrible! You see-"

"You are to remain silent, Miss Parkinson," he firmly tells her. "You better leave Miss Emberson alone, or I will take points away from Slytherin under your name."

"But-"

"Enough, go!" he raises his voice at her more, finally making her leave with a few tears in her eyes. Mabuz turns around to see Princess Phoenix, a little surprised. "Are you alright, Miss Emberson?" he asked, faking concern.

"Yea, I will be fine," Princess Phoenix answers, a little surprised. "Am I in trouble as well?"

"No, of course not," Mabuz smirks. Then, he enchants the young Slytherin girl again with his deep eyes.

Her ears begin to warm at the sight of his dark hues.

Someone clears their throat, snapping the young princess out of her trance, but makes the older male side-glares at him. "Professor, I will appreciate it if you let Phoenix alone so we can focus on our homework and the upcoming finals," Draco tells Mabuz while glaring deadly at him.

"Very well," he sighs before smirking at the Slytherin girl. "See you around," he gives her a wink and leaves the two alone.

"Phoenix?" Malfoy asked, noticing her blushing and deep in thought.

"Huh?" she snaps out of it before smiling. "Sorry about that, Draco. Are you going home for the Winter Holidays?" Princess Phoenix asked as they entered the library.

"Yes, I am. What about you?" he asked as they walked towards their usual spot.

"Luckily, I am," she smiles. "I definitely need a break from everything, especially recently," the secret princess groans a little, annoyed, thinking about the last few months.

"We both need a break from school," he adds, remembering how stressful it was to keep up with Mabuz's affections towards his best friend.

Later that day, Draco and Princess Phoenix got caught up with everything; they didn't realize that dinner was about to start. The Liberian asked them to leave because of that reason.

"Princess?" Malfoy speaks softly when he knows that they are alone in the hallway. "Are you and I okay with each other?" his question makes them both stop in their tracks.

Princess Phoenix is a little surprised by that. She turns her head, meeting his eyes. The familiar feeling of her heart getting warm with the young Malfoy. A sigh escapes her small lips as her eyes close. "My heart still hurts whenever I think about that day," the young princess speaks, leaning against the wall behind her.

Draco's heart aches at sight. He did a number on that day. "I am so sorry for breaking your heart," the handsome blond boy whispers, moving closer.

"I still don't trust you fully yet, Draco," she whispers, lowering her head.

"It's okay, Phoenix," he takes her hands lovingly. "Always know that I am here for you whenever you need me."

They both look at the touching hands where the young princess gently laces her pale fingers with his metal-covered fingers. A spark is felt as warmth warms the two. She looks back up in wonder at his eyes filled with love.

Draco couldn't help but see how kissable her lips looked at this moment, but he knew he couldn't, at least right now.

Her ears are burning at the touch and the look in his icy eyes. "Uh," the young princess speaks up, pulling away. "We should get going to dinner."

"Yea," he nods his head before looking down.

The gray/black-haired girl leads the blond boy towards the Great Hall at a small distance, their heads lowered.