They Don't Know About Us: Third-Year Part 6

Chapter 6:

"Come now, get a move on, everyone!" Professor Hagrid's assistant, Mabuz Burrough, calls out to the students while gathering them. "We got a real treat for you all. Great lesson coming up, so please follow me!"

Students from each house follow the assistant towards a small paddock at one side of Princess Phoenix's forest. Inside of it, a freestanding iron rack hanging with dead ferrets and buzzing flies. Also, a pumpkin patch is nearby.

"Gather round," Professor Hagrid says as well. "Find yourself a spot. That's it."

"Now, the first thing you will want to do is open your books," Mabuz begins the lesson.

Princess Phoenix already has her book open and ready to go.

"And exactly how do we do that?" her best friend asked the assistant.

She just smiles while walking up behind him. "Just gently stroke the spine," the Slytherin girl tells him from the side and walks closer to the spot.

Mabuz stares at the secret princess with a smug look on his face.

Malfoy sees that and glares at the professor's assistant deadly. "Don't even think about it," was all Draco said to him before turning back to his best friend.

Meanwhile, Neville is having a hard time trying to open his book, attacking him back.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom," Draco comments, walking past him.

"I'm okay, okay," Neville tells everyone while on the ground.

"I think they're funny," Hermione sarcastically says to her Gryffindor friends.

"Oh, yeah, terribly funny," Malfoy mocks, joining Goyle, Crabbe, and Emberson. "Really witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs." Emberson has an unimpressed look on her face. "Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this for teaching classes."

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry had enough of this.

All Draco did was walk forward with a smirk curling on his lips. Then he pretends to freak out, "seeing" something behind Potter. "D-Dementor! Dementor!"

Potter freaks out, turning around to see it, but sees nothing.

Emberson rolls her eyes at this and places her head in her hand while the Slytherin boys put on cloaks, trying to scare the Boy Who Lived.

Fed up with Malfoy's bullying, Harry takes Phoenix by the hand and spins her around as if he's trying to get her to dance in front of everyone. He's mainly trying to get under Malfoy's skin, but his plan backfired when he got pushed out of the way.

Princess Phoenix spins around. She's confused about what's going on, but her ears turn a bright red when the young princess spins into the arms of Mabuz! He holds her steady by the waist.

"Are you alright, Phoenix?" Mabuz asked, sounding worried and concerned, ignoring the jealous glares from the female students and Draco.

"Y-Yes, I am," she stutters, blushing more out of embarrassment and shyly.

"Righ' then, settle down now," Hagrid speaks up, breaking up Mabuz and Phoenix. "So...so...yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Mabuz, would yeh get our special guest?" He smiles at the professor's assistant.

"Yes, Hagrid."

Mabuz disappears into the forest after staring at Princess Phoenix for a couple of seconds.

Draco hurries over his love worriedly. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, holding her arms.

She nods her head, speechless of what just happened, but her dusty eyes look over, and a huge smile curls on her face.