Part Twelve

Law and Blood Don't Mix
TW: violence, gore, blood

"Apart from being the ex partner to Harry Daniels, my client is not guilty."

The words were simply numbing through Alice's ears. She was listening, but nothing was fazing her. It had been two weeks since Matt made the promise of ending her pain, and sure she tried to believe it. But the look from the Jurors and The Judge weren't far from disturbed and unconvinced. Matt did research back at Nelson and Murdock the entire time Foggy and him were trying to get the case about BlackBird (and Harry obviously involved in the case) submitted to court. And when Foggy researched Matt sometimes would go to Harry's warehouses as Daredevil, by himself, and search for information while trying his best not to be caught. Which, usually ended in the blind man getting caught anyway. So now he is in court with a split lip.

"I make that statement with faith, faith in what I've uncovered and my client. She's seen first hand and experienced the trauma of the events that unfolded." Foggy stood, taking charge. Matt was late. Again. He warned Foggy he may not even show up earlier this morning due to an unexpected guest. And of course, Alice thought of the worst and assumed Elektra got to him. She nervously fidgeted in her lap. Tugging at the edges of her old dress she wore when she first met Matt. It was the only thing that wasn't stained and ruined.

"Harry Daniels runs a underground drug operation named Blackbird, and he forced my client to do his bloody work. She was a test subject to his illegal drug and was even injected with illegal serums without consent." Foggy was on a rant, formal yet it was no other than another angry rant. "Objection, speculation on specific personal information, hearsay to everything Mr. Nelson has said. It's all simply an unsure statement." Harry's lawyer stood. The judge raised a brow, shooting a look to the lawyer as Foggy shook his head disapprovingly. He knew what he was talking about, the tone in his voice showed nothing but certainty.

"Over-ruled, continue Mr. Nelson."

Foggy sighed, taking a deep breath. The lawyer sat, an irritated look on their face. "Since we've reached the middle of this trial, let's bring out some sure facts."

"I'm going to have a freak out."

Alice paced, taking shaky breaths as she whipped her hands up and down, shaking them to stimulate and bring her focus away from her tightening throat. "What?!— no it went well Alice! We didn't need Matt." He shook his head and gripped her shoulder as she breathed. A wheeze to her breath as they stood outside the court house, standing next to Foggys car as she was on her way with Foggy to his apartment. The verdict would be soon, unsure when. But today was the last day. And they'd been on trial for awhile. She thought it was awhile, maybe it wasn't.

"It sounded so fake!" she sniffled, the parking lot empty as she jumps in the car, hoping their talking would be muffled from the inside as Foggy followed soon after. "Matt couldn't have done better." Foggy argued. "We did it, you won't go to prison I know you won't."

"Foggy stop! I killed people! They know that!" She sobbed, covering her face as she trembled. His hand around her back comforting her. He wished he could've stopped this long ago when she first started to know Harry. But it was too late. "... But they can see your a good person, everyone can. Even if this doesn't turn out the way we want, you still are the same Alice I met back in elementary."

She looked up through her lashes at Foggy. Her mascara running down her face. A small smile creeped up to her lips as she hugged Foggy tightly, her head buried in his shoulder. "That's the Alice I know, let's head back to Matts apartment and check on him." His voice was quiet, only for her to hear.