Part Nine

Play Fight
TW: violence, intimacy, fluff

Thump......... Thump...

Matt flips the pancakes in his pan. His ears trained constantly on her heart rate and on Hells Kitchen. The pancakes sizzled in the pan, turning golden brown as he laid it on his plate. Laying a plate  down for Alice if she would wake up today, or tomorrow. It was 6 days since Claire helped save her life. Her heart was steady, but slow. Her blood pressure was high, he could practically hear her stomach growl. But she was in a coma like state. If she groaned Matt's head would turn, before realizing it wasn't her waking up. Just her turning in her sleep.

But today was different, Matt could feel it. He had cleaned the bloody, glass, and wood chipped mess. Yet when doing it he noticed her heart rate was higher, her blood pressure lowered. Her body temp rose. She was slowly becoming alive again.

His plate clinked on the bar counter, reaching towards the refrigerator to grab the syrup. But his head tilted, slightly twitching to the sound of his sheets moving. And not a little, a lot. And slowly. Hesitantly. Almost as if trying to sneak away.

He closed the fridge gently, hearing Alice's heart pick up pace as he walked over to the room. His head tilted, listening to her familiar rhythm change. Quick, heat rising to her skin. "... Alice?"

She took a minute before speaking. "Matthew?" Her voice coarse, thick with sleep. "How long... have I been out?" She spoke.

Matt walked closer to her, close enough to be maybe a few feet from her sitting form. A familiar comfort knowing she was okay filled his chest as he smiled. "Six days."

She chuckled at his goofy smirk, something she hasn't seen from him in awhile. "What's with the smile? Happy to see me?"

The pause was long enough as he bit his lip nervously. Almost as if he was going to cry. "Oh... Matthew." She frowned at his emotions that rushed into him faster than he anticipated. Glad he wasn't wearing his glasses as he dropped his head in defeat. Exhausted. "Sorry... I just, I thought you wouldn't wake up." He tried to apologize as she grabs his hand. Slowly standing as she winced, hissing in pain as he squeezed her hand. Her skin on his sent him into a slight jitter. "What? What's wrong?" He questioned.

She took a second to respond, uncomfortable as she stood slightly hunched. Her hand on her stomach. "... I feel like shit is the easy way to put it." She groans.

Matt frowned, "Well, I think it's because your organs shifted into your laying position. Not standing or moving. And you haven't eaten in a week." He shrugged nonchalant. She gave him a serious? Look. "But I did make pancakes." He shrugged, a small smirk on his face.

Shoving her face full of the last pancake, Matt just sat silently. Truly happy she was fully conscious and aware, even from her brain injury. She lays the plate down, stuffed with food. Yet slightly cramped from her stomach healing weird. She leaned back in the loveseat, Matt sitting across from her on the sofa, tugging at his sweats mindlessly. "Tell me what's different." He motions to her body, a small scoff from her throat. "... Uh, what?"

He cleared his throat uncomfortably, "Any pain? Anywhere? What's different?" He sensed something off about her, blood flow especially.

"Oh, uh..." she ran her fingers over her left eye. Matt hearing her fingers trace over the scar, she sighed sadly. "... It's all blurry in my left eye. But uh... I'm just kind of uncomfortable, my whole body is kind of achy." She shrugged, trying to brush off the situation that happened and block it from her mind. She didn't want to know what happened, since everything was muffled and confusing since she was pumped with drugs at the time. But she could still feel what it felt to have her guts roll out. Hanging onto her by threads and Matt's hands carefully shoving them back in her and struggling to position it roughly into where organs should've been. He got it right enough for her to be able to eat, though.