Part Two

Tension
TW: blood, LOTS of flirting

"Matt, you gotta just tell her. The pieces you accidentally said to her— like how you knew her name and that her boyfriend beat her!? You can't just expect her to forget that Daredevil saved her life, knew her name, has abilities like you— God damn it!— sorry— just— answer my calls! She's hasn't been here in a few days and nor have you!" Foggy yells in the voicemail. Matt wheezed, gasping for air as blood dripped from his mouth. He knew he broke a handful of ribs, that the stab wound punctured an artery, he dislocated his shoulder. He was being reckless, he can't deny that. But why would he be for this girl? It's not like he liked her. He didn't think he did anyway, even if he did it was stupid of him. He struggled to breathe, the feeling of sharp pains in his chest made him unable to fully suck in air.

He coughed, leaning over as he dialed Foggys number. The dial tone beeping at him, until he answered.

"Oh my god man, please tell me what the hell happened!" Foggy exclaimed, a slight twinge of anger in his tone. Matt hears him pacing on the other side.
"... I..." Matt moans, squirming on the couch in pain. "... I got hurt bad."
"Oh shit." Foggy whispered, his breathing quickening, "I'm heading over—" in the background of Foggys call, the sound of the Nelson and Murdock front door closed. Matt focused his senses in the best he could. "... Alice?" Foggy whispered confused. "I thought you were..."

"Fuck!" Matt groaned in pain, "No! No she can't be there! Agh!—" he coughed, wheezing as he held his hand stitched side. Alice's soft voice soothed him immediately once he heard it across Hells Kitchen at the office, the genuine concern in her tone. "... Where is Matt?" She asks.

"Matt? Oh, he's... he got hurt." Foggy winced.
"Foggy don't tell her anything. She shouldn't be there. Her life is in danger..." he gasps, struggling to breathe without being in pain.
"Oh no... how?" She asks.
"... He got jumped." Foggy lied.

"... No... she's not suppose to be..." Matt whimpered weakly, his eyes fluttering closed as he drops his phone on the ground. Falling unconscious.

"... he got jumped." Foggy sighed, hearing the phone hang up he shoved it into his pocket nervously. "... aren't you hurt?" He comments, the need to check on Matt was overwhelming him. But he had to be calm to convince Alice things were going to be fine.

"No, I don't know how but... everything's kind of blurry after Daredevil saved me, I'm just not hurt anymore... where is Matts apartment?" She asks innocently, not wanting to talk about it. Foggy squints his eyes at her, seeing through her lie. "... What happened when he saved you." Foggy asks avoiding her question, an irritated tone to his voice. If Matt did something he promised he wouldn't do he wasn't going to be very happy.

"Do you really want to know?" Alice whispered, crossing her arms.
"Well yes Ali, if he did something I want to know." He snapped, Matt sounded urgent when he heard her here. Something bad happened.
"He beat up Harry." Alice starts, "He helped me out of the window but... we were dangling off a tree and he dropped me on a pile of leaves. He landed after me, but he got stabbed when he fought Harry. Hurt really really bad." She explained her voice quivering. "He still picked me up and ran to save me. But that's all I can remember."

"You don't know what he told you or anything?" Foggy asks.
"Why would I? It's super vague. When he got there to help me I think I was unconscious. I woke up and smacked Harry in the head with a chair, but I can't remember why." She struggled, visible frustration on her face as she crossed her arms. "Anyways. Where is Matts apartment. Im going to drop by and give him something for a get well soon, that's terrible what—"