Part Four

Crimes and Punishment
TW: violence, gore
(Extra Long Chapter)

Three days later...

Warmth, cozy, that familiar fuzzy blanket. She hummed, turning to her side to snuggle deeper in it. Wasn't it Saturday? Yesterday was Friday at work wasn't it? She didn't care, she felt at home. Here, with Matt. And to be fair she wasn't sure what happened the day before was even real, she made out with Matthew Murdock. She had fallen in love with him, and she hardly knew every inch of his life because she knew he wasn't telling her something. But that conversation is for a later time.

She gasped quietly as the light from the window hits her eyes just at the right spot when she turned over. Her whole brain scattering, her eyes burning. She was in immense pain suddenly. And faster than lightening was Matt, gripping her hand.

"Okay—Okay keep your eyes closed." He whispered frantically, propping her head up quickly.
"Matt your scaring me." She responded, clearing her throat as it was gravelling from lack of use.
"I don't know and don't want to explain what happened because it's clear you don't. So, I'm going to just tell you that you got curious and got into some bad shit." He whispered, she immediately grabs his face. Stopping him from messing with her position any further, Matt hearing her heart palpitate again he stopped what he was doing. Gently resting his hands in his lap as she kept her hands around his face. The trembling getting bad again as she struggled to breathe. "Matt... what happened." She whispered back to him, "And-And why are we whispering?"

"Because you got... shot in the head, Alice." He groaned, pulling her hands off his face coldly. Her heart slowed as he said it, her adrenaline dropping. "Remember what I said about the SHIELD serum? Well let's say that saved your life... Alice I nearly lost you." He said breathless, his head dropping in defeat as she struggled to keep up with the story. Matt found comfort in listening to her heart as it slowed down, her panic slowly disappearing as she grounded herself. "... Am I dead?" She whispered innocently.

"No— No. No. I would never let you die." Matt shook his head.
"And— what was that yesterday? May I-I ask?" She questioned, her head feeling like an air balloon, no gravity, like the sensory deprivation was turned up to 50. "Yesterday? Hell, I don't know Alice." He shook his head stressfully.

"Your lying to me. There's— There's something you aren't telling me." She laughed, immediately gripping her head to soothe the odd sensation as he wasn't sure how to help. The frustration only building in his chest. "I can't tell you, okay? I can't explain it." He paced.

"You sure can." She scoffed, squeezing her eyes shut as he listens to her heart beat keep steady. Waiting to see if her adrenaline will spike. "... The Punisher, he was leaning against a rooftop. You were looking for me because you thought I got lost, and I did, I went looking for a case file and took a walk to go find it when you fell asleep. For some reason... your a big target to that man, and Harry. Because the two of them? Both ran into each other. I was there, I got you out, I heard a gunshot. You were laying on the ground." he sighed, shaking his head. Confused she started to gently rub her temples and dragging her finger backwards towards the back of her skull. Just to feel a scab right there, she follows it. And it stops right above her eyebrow left eyebrow. Her breathing haltered as she felt tears fall down her cheeks, she stood, shaking as Matt grabs her by the shoulders. Stopping her before she could fall over. "Alice you need rest." He shook his head, "You've been out for... awhile. Healing."

"Matt—" she paused gathering her breath, stepping from him. The overwhelmingness in her gut taking over her as she cried, holding her head. Attempting to keep herself on her feet. "I just don't heal from being shot in the back of the head!— it's just not real Matt!"