Part Five

Elektra
TW: violence, gore, intimacy

This story morphed the shows story to fit the fan fiction. This will not follow events in a straight line and will not be apart of the shows timeline or complete story.

"You okay?" She asked him, her breathing heaving in her chest as she sat Matt down at the table in his flat. He groaned, pulling his coat off and laying his glasses on the table. He became progressively more sore the longer they walked without a break. She didn't question what happened yet. She wanted him to feel okay before. She looked at the first aid kit he made that he had laid on the table. He didn't respond. Reaching towards the needle as she slapped his hand away, he groaned even louder, wincing in pain as he held his bruised hand. "Sorry." She apologized quietly as she grabbed the needle. Gently pressing her small hand to his brow and weaving the needle through his skin. The little to no reaction from him left her slightly concerned, yet she continued to push the needle through his skin back and forth.

"... I'm going to ask again Matt, you are okay?" She questioned, pressing a bandaid over the small stitches on his brow. He nodded silently, listening to her calming heart beat. It sent him into a state of floating and slight euphoria. He was so calmed, and at peace. She paused, rubbing her side sorely before she grabs his glue and glued his slice on his right cheekbone. His eye twitched slightly in the sound of her ribs. It was almost like a fork against a plate to him. "Are you okay?" He added, grabbing her hand and stopping her from continuing as she nodded. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" She asks innocently.

"You just... don't seem okay." He whispered, his right hand snaking to touch her side. She jumped slightly in the sudden shooting pain. She puts the glue on the table and pinched the wound she glued, closing it. She wasn't stopping him, even if it did ache and send pains. She found it a comfort and a reassuring touch. She smiled slightly, before realising she was and dropping it. Grabbing his hand and pressing a wet cloth to his knuckles.

She couldn't admit it yet, but she did love him. She did care for him. But he sounded pretty serious about how he said what happened was a mistake, so she took his word for it. If he didn't want her, he couldn't get her. He hissed slightly at the coldness of the cloth as she wiped the blood off his knuckles, wrapping them and doing the same to his other knuckles.

"Alice." He grumbled.
"Yea?"
"... Why are you so kind to me? After I was a douche to you?"

She tilts her head in trying to make an excuse. "Well..." she starts. How was she going to explain herself? The truth was it was difficult to let him do this to himself, and she could hardly understand her own feelings. "... I don't know." She shrugged nonchalant. Cleaning up the mess she made with his first aid kit, she stood up. Walking to the trash can and tossing the blood covered tissues and wipes. "Alice, I'm sorry about what I said." His voice came out low, serious. She shuttered at the tone. "... It's okay. You deserve better, Matt. I'm poor, I have some shitty people after me. You don't need that." She shook her head. She believed that, but Matt didn't. He knew she was better than Harry or even herself let on. "Alice." He protested. "Don't say that, okay? I can handle whatever your going through with you..." he paused. Realising it sounded like he was in a relationship with her. She stopped moving to take in what he said, and so did Matt. The two nearly choking on the awkward silence. "So you want to help me?" She questioned stiffly trying to keep her composure. "I mean, your a lawyer."

He could use this to defend his own feelings, or opening admit them. But he didn't want to hurt her, he simply wanted to protect her. "... I can be your lawyer, Alice. But..." he stood, not reacting to his own pain sensors flashing in his head. "... I don't want to say this, but I think you have red on your name."