Chapter 44

Dear Draco,

The potter house is amazing! At least twice as big as the Malfoy Manor. I think that the Potters are honestly not as bad as we thought. Their ideas make sense when they actually explain it to me. You know what I think? I think it might be the fact that I'm hanging around all of these dark wizards everyday. They make me think and feel like I'm doing the right thing. I don't know why I'm writing this, but as my best friend, I feel you will respect me if I happen to switch sides. I'm not sure how much longer I can pretend to be mean, or evil. In the end, I'm James and Lily's son.

Anyway, I hope to see you soon.

Love,

Kace.

As Kace signed the paper, he exploded into a fit of laughter, harsh and full amusement. He knew that they would fall right into his trap. He made the letter sound not too weird, or they would be suspicious. He wrote in some things simply for his amusement, and some for the actual plot of his plan.

Hey, he was going to be here at least a few more months, he wanted to at least have a little fun here and there.

As the day droned on, Kace didn't do much but revise for his plan, one that was slowly coming together, like a puzzle, all of the pieces snapping into place.

At around 1:30, the boy stretched, releasing how tired he was. Standing, he yawned, falling into bed and drifting off to sleep.

—--------------------------------------------------------

The next two days tested Kace's patience more and more. It was obvious that whoever was on the receiving end of the letter he 'wrote' had told the Potters about what it said, as they were trying to touch him, hug him, and in general give affection to him.

Kace hated touch, unless it was Draco or his family. Mainly Draco though.

Now it was the 23rd, and the Potters had planned a visit to Diagon Alley to finish some last minute Christmas shopping. After that, the bloody Weasleys were coming over for supper, and staying for Christmas eve and day. Could the holidays get any worse?

As Kace opened his eyes, he groaned. Today he had to go outside with the Potters, and ruin his dignity more. God, how much of this could he take.

He decided to go for a run, something he did back at home to think. As the day was still young, only around 7:30. Putting on some trainers, Kace walked out of the main doors, pace slowly picking up as his feet crunched on the snow. His breath fogged in the air as he jogged the perimeter of the Potter manor. As he finished his run, Kace cast a quick Tempus. 8:15. The Potheads would wake up in about an hour. Kace walked back to his room, heart hammering in his chest.

Stepping into the shower, Kace tried to wash off the essence of mudblood off of his skin. It somehow didn't work. Crazy.

As he dried his hair, Kace mentally prepared himself for what the day had to hold for him. Picking out an outfit, he changed quickly and opened his room door. Strolling over to Evie's room, he opened the door quietly to reveal the child, who gurgled happily on his arrival.

Scooping up Evie, Kace smiled a genuine smile. Over the few days they had been together, Kace and Evie had bonded, their magic intertwining slowly.

"Hello, my little Nyx." Kace spoke, voice quiet and low. Switching into Parsel, he began to tell a story his father used to tell him, about a snake who ate a magic rat. Quite an unrealistic story, to be honest. Rats aren't magic.

As he continued speaking, the baby hissed out a similar tone to his. Kace paused, confused as to what she said.

"Want to repeat that, Nyx?" He asked in Parseltongue, and the baby hissed in return. Kace laughed in happiness, tossing the baby up and she giggled uncontrollably.

The words Evie had spoken didn't particularly mean anything, but it was perfect. She was picking up his language, the one of snakes, full of magic and power. She was perfect.

Kace heard the door open, and whipped around, a smile fading on his face as he made eye contact with Lily, who looked like she was going to have an aneurysm from the joy.

The boy scowled at the woman in the door. He looked at the baby now on his hip, smiling gently. Evie grinned back, grabbing his hair.

"Lily." He snapped, and Lily inhaled, taking a breath to calm herself. Anyone else would have looked slightly undignified with a child tugging at their hair, but Kace maintained a harsh exterior.

"It's um- time for breakfast, Harry." Said Lily, a warm, "knowing," smile on her face.

Kace nodded, not bothering with a response.

After eating a quick breakfast, the Potters were ready. They took much longer than Kace had anticipated, as they constantly look like they've rolled in a trash barrel, on Kace's humble opinion.

Stepping through the floo, Kace called out the name of the Alley, and being greeted with a large amount of wands, all trained at him