Chapter 20

Thanks for 1k reads :D

"Can we help you?" She asked, looking somewhat disgusted. The Gryffindor blushed. No matter how snarky Pansy was, she was still drop dead gorgeous.

"Hi. I'm Seamus Finnegan. I-I just wanted to ask how you guys knew how to duel like that" He said in an Irish accent. Kace's mouth quirked. He glanced at Draco and nodded. Draco, smirked

"Well, you know, the normal way," He said, looking at the boy, "Magic"

Kace snickered, and the boy went bright red. He looked angry, then stormed off. They looked at his figure leaving, and all snickered. The three Slytherins walked into the Great hall, just about to sit at their table. James saw this and stormed up to Kace.

"What are you doing? You are supposed to go to the Gryffindor table!" He said angrily. Kace looked at him coolly.

"I'm not sure if you noticed, Potter," He said, motioning at his green tie under his robes, "But I am, in fact, a Slytherin. I find that Slytherins sit at the Slytherin table." Kace finished, speaking slowly as if he was talking to a very young child. James looked outraged. He glanced at Kace's and Draco's interlocked fingers.

"I told you to break up with him! Malfoy will corrupt you!" Kace still looked calm and that made James even angrier.

"As you can see, I chose to ignore this handy tip of information. I'll make sure to keep it in mind though. Now, Good day." Kace said, tipping an imaginary hat, then he turned and sat at the Slytherin table.

After being rudely interrupted by Potter senior, the three ate, talking quietly to each other. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. They stood, grabbing their bags. They had History of Magic with professor Lupin. Lupin's husband, Sirius Black, usually helped him with the class, so they were always together.

When Draco, Pansy and Kace walked into the room, Lupin looked at them, then quickly averted his eyes. They sat down, along with the other Slytherins. The Hufflepuffs walked in, loud and most likely unprepared. Kace had to suppress an eye roll. Hufflepuffs were too trusting, too likely to get hurt by one they just met.

Lupin walked to the front of the class, clapping his hands to get the attention of the students. When everybody was quiet, he cleared his throat.

"Hello everybody. My name is professor Lupin, and I am your History of Magic teacher. Over there," He said, pointing to Black, "Is my husband, auror Sirius Black. He helps with my classes, so if you ever need any help, ask him or me. Any questions? No? Alright, let's get started."

With that, Lupin launched into a lesson. He was a good teacher, Kace had to admit it. Kace had learned all of this when he was seven, but Lupin was good at explaining things. When the class was over, Lupin gave homework, then walked out of the room with Sirius. The bell rang, and the students filed out. The day was done, and Kace, Pansy and Draco walked down the halls. Pansy stopped suddenly.

"Oh shit! I forgot I have an extra credit class for Potions! I gotta go! Bye nimrods" She said, now turning on her heel and running.

"Harry!" James Potter yelled, walking towards them. Kace groaned internally, and Draco gently squeezed his hand.

"It's Kace, Potter, and what?" Kace snapped coldly, annoyed. James' eyes darted to Kace and Draco's interlocked fingers, and threw Kace a sharp look.

"You have to go up to your dorm to get introduced to your dorm mates."

"No. I will not sleep anywhere but Slytherin."

"But all of your stuff is in the Gryffindor dorm! You have to sleep there!"

"No."

"Well you don't have much of a choice, do you?" Kace groaned in annoyance, and James Potter raised his eyebrow.

"Fine. But Draco's coming." Kace said. James gasped

"No! I will not have Malfoy the Slytherin in the Gryffindor dorms!" Kace snorted in amusement

"May I remind you, Potter, that I am also a Slytherin and you are being very rude to the Malfoy heir. It's either Draco comes or we don't go at all." James Potter huffed, then held up his hands, defeated.

"Fine. Malfoy can come." Kace smirked at Draco, who was glaring at him for getting them into this predicament. James led the way up a moving staircase to a fat lady, who was drinking wine and talking animatedly to another woman in the portrait.

"Excuse me." said James, but the two women ignored him, and kept talking.

"And then I told the prince 'no I-"

"EXCUSE ME!" Yelled Potter, now annoyed.

"What?" The fat lady looked up, frustrated at having to be interrupted.

"Please let me in. I have two-"

"Slytherins! No, I won't allow it. This is a Gryffindor only common-" Draco stepped up, already annoyed at how long this was taking.

"Now look here, miss. This man right here," Draco pointed to Kace, who smirked, "Is a registered murderer and criminal and is the heir to half of the castle. I would appreciate it if you let us in and don't waste anymore of our time."

The fat lady looked scared, and the portrait swung open, revealing a room that was so covered in gold and maroon, it almost made Kace squint. It was poorly decorated and so full of their house colours that it made the Slytherin's eyes hurt. James ginned

"Welcome to the common room!" He said proudly, and several gryffindors looked up, and gasped. Fred and George jumped up, faces red.

"What are these snakes doing in the common room? What is Malfoy doing in the common room? James, you of all people should know that we-"

"Do not support Slytherkins here in Gryffindor! And Riddle what are you-"

"Gred, Forge, Har-Kace are going to be sleeping here. Also, Kace is my um son. No Potter belongs in Slytherin."

Fred and George's eyes went wide with shock as they looked at Kace, who glared at them with red eyes.

"He is-"

"Your son?"

"James, I-" Kace finally snapped and cut Fred off.

"Look, weasels. I don't want to be here as much as you don't want me to be here. If you could leave us alone and stay out of my business, I would greatly appreciate it." Draco rubbed small circles in Kace's hand, calming him. James cleared his throat, and led the two Slytherins up a staircase, to a door that had five names on it, and knocked. Four voices of "Come in" spoke, and James opened the door.

Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnagen, Dean Thomas, and Ronald Weasley gawked at the sight of James Potter and the two Slytherins.

"James, what are these two doing here?" Ronald said as politely as possible.

"Harr-Kace is going to be sleeping with you in your dorm, as no Potter belongs in Slytherin."

The four's eyes widened at the mention of Potter.
"Mr. Potter, I didn't know you had another son-" Neville said hoarsely. James smiled kindly at Neville.

"Well, it's a long story, and I hope Kace will be able to tell you it, as I am going to be leaving. Malfoy, you are also coming."

"Why does he have to go?" Kace said angrily.

"So you can properly bond with your dorm mates. If you refuse, I will take away 100 points from Slytherin for defying an auror. Your choice!" James said cheerfully, knowing that Draco didn't want to lose that many points.

Draco and Kace spoke in a strange language for a few minutes. It sounded like snakes, somewhat, and everyone in the room gawked at them. Kace looked defeated, and Draco looked kind of guilty. They shared a quick kiss, and Draco left the room without waiting for James, who soon left as well, leaving the four Gryffindors to stare awkwardly at Kace, who went to the bed with his trunk at the foot. He looked at it with distaste, and felt several eyes on him. Kace turned his red eyes at the four, and glared.

"What?"