Chapter 35

Kace felt his anger slowly rise, but kept a cool, even tone as he addressed the people in the room.

"Why, Dumbles," Spoke the boy, eyes cackling with power and emotion. "I thought I made it clear to the Potters here," Kace motioned his hand to Lily and James, "that I will never marry Ginevra Weasley. If it puts me in Azkaban, so be it. I would rather fight the entire light side alone than have to deal with her hideous face for the rest of my life."

Lily gasped slightly, and James glowered at Kace. Ginny bent over, head in hands, tears falling into her lap as she tried to quietly sob. She did, in fact fail. The ginger stood, running out of the room. Kace rolled his eyes. Why does the light side have such few pureblood manners?

The oldest man opened his mouth to speak, when Kace interrupted again.

"Try as you might, I will never work alongside you, and I will never, ever, see you as anything but scum under my feet."

With that, Kace rose, swaggering out of the room, head held high.

—----------------------------------------------------------------

Once the boy had left, James jumped up, face red.

"That's it. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. He has no right speaking to us like that! How did Lily and I create such a- a-" James stopped, chest heaving. He couldn't say it, even though it was true. His son, his own flesh and blood, was a monster. The people he'd tortured, the people he'd killed. James couldn't even think of killing one person, nevertheless hundreds! The dark lord must have brainwashed this child. Nobody sane would kill someone willingly right?

Right?

Lily rose, wrapping James in a hug, sniffling. James leaned into her touch, and they stood together in misery.

Little did they know, Kace had them wrapped around his finger.

—----------------------------------------------------------------

As Kace strolled down the hall, he heard footsteps. These footsteps were fast and heavy, so Kace inferred that this person was angry. Noticing that these steps were becoming louder, he figured that they were coming for him.

Melting into the shadows, Kace waited silently for the person to find him. He stood for a few seconds, before a flash of bright red hair stopped in front of him, anger twisting his features. As he emerged from the darkness, Ron Weasley jumped, letting out a high-pitched scream.

The dark-haired boy snorted, smirking darkly. Ron recovered quickly, remembering what he was doing. His face filled with rage, becoming redder and redder.

"Careful," Kace hissed, a smile dancing on his lips. "You might explode if you think any harder."

The redhead, somehow, got even more rosy.

"You-you slimy snake!" Weasley bellowed, voice echoing off the stone walls. "My sister just came crying to me, telling me that you threatened to hex her and-" the ginger lowered his voice, panting heavily, "Kill her. She also told me that you told her she was ugly, and that you would hurt me, and the rest of our family. You're a freak! You and your dumb Malfoy. It's wrong. It's disgusting. I-I'm gonna make you pay!" He whipped out his wand, but it was gone from his fingers faster than a spell could even form on his pale lips.

Kace's lips quirked slightly, and he bent down, bringing their faces so close he could smell the redhead's rancid breath.

"Why, Ronald. I suggest not hexing me, as I know more than you ever will. Do not under-estimate me. I know more than I say, I think more than I speak, and I notice more than you realize. You do not think-" Kace stood, towering over the boy, an insane smile now playing across his pale features. "That I don't know about your family's...borrowing? Oh no no no. I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know that the Weasleys don't have enough money to keep their shitty family together. I know they embezzle money from none other than the Potters. Their own friends! I would keep my mouth shut if I were you, or your family's oh so perfect reputation will be slightly," Kace paused, pretending to think. "Sullied."

Ron, who's face had grown paler and paler the more Kace spoke, opened his mouth dumbly, no sound coming out. Kace snorted at the look, shaking his head.

"The light is pathetic. You are a poor excuse for a pureblood. I know everything, and it will tear you and your family apart, limb by limb."

With that, Kace strode out, head high and back straight. He sighed, stretching his neck. This was the longest year of his life, but it was fun taking the hope out of the opposing side.

Making his way to the room of requirement, Kace sent his Patronus, a snake, to Draco and Pansy, telling them to meet him.